Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Automatic import and installation of custom survey themes

• mdhls94
  • mdhls94's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #193249 by mdhls94
Hi Limesurvey Community,

I am building a prototype in which the look and feel (theme) of a given survey is pretty important. LimeSurvey offers great possibilities to customize everything in this regards using themes/templates. One can also import a survey theme zip file which is great!

I would like to create a docker solution which is able to automatically "import" previously designed themes (exported unzipped folders, or zip files) upon build so they are ready to be used by surveys.

So far I am able to put the theme folders into the right LS folder on the server so that they are visible in configuration>>themes of the webapp, however they are still needed to be installed manually. (so that according to the manifest files in the theme directory the corresponding db tables are updated as stated here ).

I also figured it out that this is handled by the importManifest function of themeoptions, but there doesn't seem to exist a possible way to do it automatically (i.e. via RC2API or something else) without actually using the webapp and manually clicking on "install" button for the given theme.

Is it possible to automatically, e.g. via the API or with some tricks install a given theme from the uploads folder in which the theme is already unzipped? Or is there any way to use this import theme zip file function without the webapp? I see that when I use the import functionality with a zip file it also installs it for me automatically.
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose