Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

import old survey structure from a csv

• tovyharhur
  • tovyharhur's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #192949 by tovyharhur
import old survey structure from a csv was created by tovyharhur
I have a survey exported into .csv with an old version of LimeSurvey. Now, I'd like to import it into a new LimeSurvey environment, but import function doesn't support .csv (instead it prompts for *.lss, *.txt, or *.lsa). I have no access to my old environment. Please advise.
The topic has been locked.
  • Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 2 months ago #192952 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic import old survey structure from a csv
Hi,
in which version were you able to export the structure to *.csv? Must be really old.

I see in version 2.06

and in version 2.73

And the import (in 3.x prompts for lss, lsa, tsv and txt):
So, if your *.csv file is TAB-separated, you may rename it.

No more ideas.

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
  • tovyharhur
More
4 years 2 months ago #192953 by tovyharhur
Replied by tovyharhur on topic import old survey structure from a csv
Thank you for your prompt response. The version was 2.06. I've tried to save it as .txt and import, but the resulting structure reports error message.
  • Joffm
More
4 years 2 months ago #192990 by Joffm
You didn't say:
Is your *.csv TAB separated?
A TAB-separated export of 2.06 looks like this:

class type/scale name relevance text help language validation mandatory other default same_default allowed_filetypes alphasort answer_width array_filter array_filter_exclude array_filter_style assessment_value category_separator choice_title code_filter commented_checkbox commented_checkbox_auto date_format date_max date_min display_columns display_rows dropdown_dates dropdown_dates_minute_step dropdown_dates_month_style dropdown_prefix dropdown_prepostfix dropdown_separators dropdown_size dualscale_headerA dualscale_headerB em_validation_q em_validation_q_tip em_validation_sq em_validation_sq_tip equals_num_value exclude_all_others exclude_all_others_auto hidden hide_tip input_boxes location_city location_country location_defaultcoordinates location_mapheight location_mapservice location_mapwidth location_mapzoom location_nodefaultfromip location_postal location_state max_answers max_filesize max_num_of_files max_num_value max_num_value_n maximum_chars min_answers min_num_of_files min_num_value min_num_value_n multiflexible_checkbox multiflexible_max multiflexible_min multiflexible_step num_value_int_only numbers_only

Volunteers are not paid.
  • tovyharhur
More
4 years 2 months ago #193028 by tovyharhur
I can save it as TAB separated and get something like this:

# LimeSurvey Survey Dump
# DBVersion 126
# This is a dumped survey from the LimeSurvey Script
# www.limesurvey.org/
# Do not change this header!

#
# SURVEYS TABLE
#
sid owner_id admin active expires adminemail private faxto format template url language additional_languages datestamp usecookie notification allowregister attribute1 attribute2 allowsave autonumber_start autoredirect allowprev printanswers ipaddr useexpiry refurl datecreated listpublic htmlemail tokenanswerspersistence usecaptcha bounce_email
85715 2 AUS PsychLab Y 01-01-80 PsychLab@aus.edu N G bc_lab www.aus.edu/cas/psychlabs/creativity_Lab.php en Y N 0 N N 0 N N N Y N Y 24-09-08 Y Y N N PsychLab@aus.edu

#
# GROUPS TABLE
#
gid sid group_name group_order description language
346 85715 Personal Information 1 <b>Personal Information</b> en
353 85715 IAC 2 <b>Alien Creature Test</b> en
354 85715 IAC.Q 3 Please answer each question with a few sentences. en
356 85715 Informed Consent 0 en

#
# QUESTIONS TABLE
#
qid sid gid type title question preg help other mandatory lid lid1 question_order language
1595 85715 346 N Subj Subj #<br /> Enter your student ID (without 0s) or Subject number N Y 0 0 1 en
1596 85715 346 N Phone Phone<br /> [country code][area code]xxxxxxx<br /> N Y 0 0 3 en
1597 85715 346 Q Name Name<br /> N Y 0 0 2 en
1598 85715 346 S Email E-mail "/(\w[-._\w]*\w@\w[-._\w]*\w\.\w{2,3})/" N Y 0 0 4 en
1599 85715 346 ! Cond N Y 0 0 0 en
1612 85715 353 U IAC.Draw "<u><b>Instructions</b></u><br />\n<br />\nPut the <i>test sheet </i>provided by the experimenter in front of you. <i>If the sheet is not provided, print it from </i><a target=""_blank"" href=""/survey/upload/surveys/68443/iac.pdf""><i>here</i></a><i>.</i><br />\nMake sure, it says <b>IAC </b>in the top left corner.<br />\nWrite your Student ID (without 0s) or your Subject number in the <b>Subject #</b> filed in the top right corner.<br />\n<br />\n<b><big>Imagine going to another planet very different from Earth, where alien creatures live.<br />\nImagine meeting one of those creatures.<br />\n</big></b><br />\n<big><b>Your job is to draw the creature so that someone else could recognize it from your drawing if they met the creature.<br />\n</b></big><br />\nTry to make your drawing detailed, and label all of the creature’s major parts.<br />\n<i>Use the test sheet provided by the experimenter to make your drawing.</i><br />\n<br />\nWhen you complete the drawing, write <b>a paragraph </b>describing what you would like us to know about the creature.<br />\n<i>Use the space provided below.</i> <span id=""fck_dom_range_temp_1222266532863_907""><br />\n<br />\n<span style=""color:#ff0000""><b>Be as imaginative and creative as you can possibly be!<br />\n</b></span><br />\n<span style=""color:#3366ff""><b>Don’t worry about how well or poorly you draw.</b><br />\n</span><br />\nYou have <b>12 minutes </b>to do the drawing and write the paragraph.<br />\n<br />\nIf you have any questions, please ask now.\n<p><i> </i></p>\n</span>" "When the experimenter tells you that the time is over, press 'Next' button." N Y 0 0 0 en
1613 85715 354 T IAC.Q.1 "On this activity, what was the <b><u>first thing</u> </b>you thought about after receiving the instructions?" N Y 0 0 0 en
1614 85715 354 T IAC.Q.2 "In general, how did you approach the task?" N Y 0 0 1 en
1615 85715 354 T IAC.Q.3 "<span new=""New"" style=""font-size:12pt;font-family:""><font size=""2"">How would you approach the task if you had to do some more of this activity? What might you do differently?</font></span>" N Y 0 0 2 en
1616 85715 354 M IAC.Q.4 "In making your creature, did you" Y Y 0 0 3 en
1617 85715 354 M IAC.Q.5 "In making your creature, did you" Y Y 0 0 4 en
1618 85715 354 F IAC.Q.6 "On a scale of 1-10, rate the drawing that you have just made on the following criteria:<br />\n<b>1</b> = the lowest score for each criterion.<br />\n<b>10</b> = the highest score for each criterion." You may use each number as often as you like. N Y 9 0 5 en
1622 85715 356 S ICF "Principal Investigator: Anatoliy V. Kharkhurin. Ph.D.<br />\nPhone Number: +971-6-515-2551<br />\nE-mail: <a href=""mailto:akharkhurin@aus.edu"">akharkhurin@aus.edu
\nAddress: Department of International Studies
\nAmerican University of Sharjah
\nP.O. Box 26666
\nSharjah, UAE
\n
\n
\nInformed Consent
\nYour answers will remain confidential. The data will be stored electronically and the data files will be password protected to increase your confidentiality.\n

Your decision whether or not to participate in this study will not affect your employment/medical care, grade or standing at the university.

\n

If you have any questions regarding the content of the study, please contact Dr. Anatoliy Kharkhurin. If you have any questions regarding rights and welfare of human subjects in research, you can directly contact www.aus.edu/academic/gup/research/polices_research/index.php "">AUS Office of Research.

\n

Write your full name in the field below if you agree with the information above.

" N Y 0 0 0 en

#
# ANSWERS TABLE
#
qid code answer default_value sortorder language
1597 f First N 2 en
1597 l Last N 1 en
1599 1 c Y 1 en
1616 1 Just start to draw and see what took shape N 1 en
1616 2 Think of specific known animals on earth N 2 en
1616 3 Think of specific known science-fiction creatures N 3 en
1616 4 Consider general attributes of animals on earth N 4 en
1616 5 Consider general attributes of science-fiction creatures N 5 en
1616 6 Think about or use nearby ob<x />jects to get ideas for the creature N 6 en
1617 7 Consider the creature’s personality or disposition N 7 en
1617 6 Consider the creature’s ecological niche N 6 en
1617 5 Consider the creature’s size N 5 en
1617 4 Consider the creature’s evolutionary history N 4 en
1617 3 Consider how the animal moves around N 3 en
1617 1 Consider the creature’s environment N 1 en
1617 2 Consider how or what the animal eats N 2 en
1617 8 Consider how the creature communicates N 8 en
1618 2 Overall Creativity N 1 en
1618 3 Preference (how much you like the creature) N 2 en
1618 4 Originality N 3 en
1618 5 Biological plausibility (how likely is it that this creature could actually be alive) N 4 en
1618 1 Overall Quality or Satisfaction N 0 en

#
# CONDITIONS TABLE
#

#
# LABELSETS TABLE
#
lid label_name languages
9 01-Oct en

#
# LABELS TABLE
#
lid code title sortorder language
9 1 1 1 en
9 10 10 10 en
9 2 2 2 en
9 3 3 3 en
9 4 4 4 en
9 5 5 5 en
9 6 6 6 en
9 7 7 7 en
9 8 8 8 en
9 9 9 9 en

#
# QUESTION_ATTRIBUTES TABLE
#
qaid qid attribute value
1611 1616 other_replace_text Use other approaches
1610 1595 maximum_chars 5
1609 1596 maximum_chars 13
1608 1596 prefix +
1607 1599 hide_tip 1
1612 1595 text_input_width 5
1613 1597 maximum_chars 50
1614 1596 text_input_width 13
1615 1598 text_input_width 50
1616 1617 other_replace_text Cons. other factors
1617 1618 answer_width 42
1619 1622 text_input_width 50
1620 1622 maximum_chars 50

#
# ASSESSMENTS TABLE
#

#
# SURVEYS_LANGUAGESETTINGS TABLE
#
surveyls_survey_id surveyls_language surveyls_title surveyls_description surveyls_welcometext surveyls_urldescription surveyls_email_invite_subj surveyls_email_invite surveyls_email_remind_subj surveyls_email_remind surveyls_email_register_subj surveyls_email_register surveyls_email_confirm_subj surveyls_email_confirm
85715 en IAC Invented Alien Creature "<b>Welcome to the AUS PsychLab testing!</b><br />\n<br />\nIn this test, you'll have to do several activities assessing your creative abilities.<br />\nPlease rigorously follow the instructions for each activity.<br />\nIf you'll have any questions, please feel free to ask the experimenter." Bilingualism & Creativity Laboratory Invitation to participate in survey "Dear {FIRSTNAME},<br /><br />You have been invited to participate in a survey.<br /><br />The survey is titled:<br />""{SURVEYNAME}""<br /><br />""{SURVEYDESCRIPTION}""<br /><br />To participate, please click on the link below.<br /><br />Sincerely,<br /><br />{ADMINNAME} ({ADMINEMAIL})<br /><br />
<br />Click here to do the survey:<br />{SURVEYURL}" Reminder to participate in survey "Dear {FIRSTNAME},<br /><br />Recently we invited you to participate in a survey.<br /><br />We note that you have not yet completed the survey, and wish to remind you that the survey is still available should you wish to take part.<br /><br />The survey is titled:<br />""{SURVEYNAME}""<br /><br />""{SURVEYDESCRIPTION}""<br /><br />To participate, please click on the link below.<br /><br />Sincerely,<br /><br />{ADMINNAME} ({ADMINEMAIL})<br /><br />
<br />Click here to do the survey:<br />{SURVEYURL}" Survey Registration Confirmation "Dear {FIRSTNAME},<br /><br />You, or someone using your email address, have registered to participate in an online survey titled {SURVEYNAME}.<br /><br />To complete this survey, click on the following URL:<br /><br />{SURVEYURL}<br /><br />If you have any questions about this survey, or if you did not register to participate and believe this email is in error, please contact {ADMINNAME} at {ADMINEMAIL}." Confirmation of completed survey "Dear {FIRSTNAME},<br /><br />This email is to confirm that you have completed the survey titled {SURVEYNAME} and your response has been saved. Thank you for participating.<br /><br />If you have any further questions about this email, please contact {ADMINNAME} on {ADMINEMAIL}.<br /><br />Sincerely,<br /><br />{ADMINNAME}"

#
# QUOTA TABLE
#

#
# QUOTA_MEMBERS TABLE
#
  • Joffm
More
4 years 2 months ago #193032 by Joffm
Hi,
this seems to be a database dump to *.csv. (not a survey export)
You cannot import this within LimeSurvey.
You have to use a database tool like phpMyAdmin, or TOAD, or ... to try to import it into the database.

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
  • tovyharhur
More
4 years 2 months ago #193221 by tovyharhur
Hi there, Thank you very much. I'll try to do that and see what I get. Take good care!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose