Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Follow up questions for response

• tviken
  • tviken's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #188755 by tviken
Follow up questions for response was created by tviken
Hi,

I'm designing a survey where the participants are asked asked several questions and need to determine if they Like, somewhat likes or dislikes.

For the people that either disagrees or somewhat agrees I need to ask them further questions. And that should apply to all the items that they give that response for.

I.e. If you dislike Coke and Pepsi i need the extra questions to be asked twice, once per response.

Due to the wast amount of questions I'm going to ask I need to use a matrix layout (approx. 440 questions in total excluding the follow-up questions). Preferable i would like to have a dropdown menu in or beside the matrix so they answer the follow up questions right after giving their statement.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

I'm using Version 3.17.9+190731
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by tviken.
The topic has been locked.
More
4 years 6 months ago #188772 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Follow up questions for response

tviken wrote: Due to the wast amount of questions I'm going to ask I need to use a matrix layout (approx. 440 questions in total excluding the follow-up questions)

Are you sure? Who will answer 440 question (not counting the follow-up questions)? Mobile devices are excluded from the survey?
You might create an example survey with one or two questions and attach the exported LSS file here.

It might help to understand, where you want a dropdown menu and other kind of workarounds.

You will find some workarounds here in the forum combining different questionstypes, but that will still rule out mobile devices. Often these threads about workrounds contain solution for different versions of LimeSurvey. LS3 is using a new template engine, which breaks old workarounds.

www.limesurvey.org/forum/can-i-do-this-w...sing-newest-template

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose