tag or categorize questions

More
1 month 4 days ago #185608 by aellison9
Is it possible to tag or categorize questions within Limesurvey?

For example, I have a survey with 3 questions.

The first question is about automobiles. I would like to tag it with the following information #automobile #Ford #Explorer

The second question is about clothes shopping. I would like to tag it with #shirt #polo #Macys #blue #retail #shopping

The third question is about a hamburger. I would like to tag it with #food #freshness #tasty

You get the idea.

Anyway, the purpose behind the question relates to overall question management, various reports on questions which might be used in multiple surveys, searching for previous questions, etc.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

LimeSurvey Partners
More
1 month 4 days ago #185617 by holch
Replied by holch on topic tag or categorize questions
There is no such functionality in Limesurvey.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds
The following user(s) said Thank You: aellison9

More
1 month 4 days ago #185618 by gabrieljenik
I guess you need something like a question repository.

You would need a custom plugin for tagging. The plugin wouldn't be that complicated.
Still, the usage of the tags on reports and searching for questions may require an adhoc solution.

Cheers,
Gabriel - www.Encuesta.Biz - Authorized Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core developpement are on my free time (Say thanks ?)....[img]

More
1 month 4 days ago #185620 by aellison9
Thanks you. Yes, we know the management of the repository would be on us and are prepared to tackle that aspect. We are just trying to figure out the best way to get the information associated with the question.

Your idea of a plugin is interesting. We've written a few plugins but nothing that needed to store its interactions in the database. I will research that avenue but if you know of any reference material, I would appreciate the pointer.

Thanks again.

More
1 month 4 days ago #185624 by gabrieljenik

Cheers,
Gabriel - www.Encuesta.Biz - Authorized Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core developpement are on my free time (Say thanks ?)....[img]
The following user(s) said Thank You: aellison9

More
1 month 4 days ago #185629 by aellison9
Perfect! Thank you so much.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!