Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Filter responses based on answer from first question

• BoonSlevin
  • BoonSlevin's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #184280 by BoonSlevin
Is it possible to filter responses based on the answers received. For example, question one of our survey asked for people to indicate their social profile, and we'd like to show the results of the remaining questions based on their social profile as indicated in question one. Is there any to do it via LimeSurvey rather than have to do it manually by exporting the results of every individual individually?
The topic has been locked.
More
4 years 10 months ago #184283 by cdorin
Yes, it is. You will just have to do the filtering in the response table. Once done, display as many responses as possible on the page and use the group-action export button: manual.limesurvey.org/Export_responses#E...a_group_of_responses .

Manual: manual.limesurvey.org/LimeSurvey_Manual
Bugs tracker: bugs.limesurvey.org/my_view_page.php
If you self-host and need help, contact one of our partners: limesurvey.com
Please do not contact me via PM - thank you.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 10 months ago #184287 by holch
The best way is to export all responses as CSV/Excel and analyse them in a software that is made for analysis (even if just in Excel).

Limesurvey has a statistics part, but it is rather basic when it comes to analysis. Never the less, you can filter the results in the statistics part based on certain responses to some of the questions.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose