Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

CMS integrations: Limesurvey Integration

• tutu10
  • tutu10's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #179866 by tutu10
Has anyone tried, considered or working on a basic integration with Limesurvey? limesurvey.org

We are considering using Limesurvey for our course evaluations because of the power and flexibility of the tool, in addition to using it for general surveying capabilities. I have looked at the database structures of both Moodle and Limesurvey, and it appears as though it is pretty straightforward to accomplish.

The use case would be that a link to a survey created in Limesurvey would appear in a block (?) on the Moodle homepage to indicate that the student had a survey pending. Clicking the link would direct the student to the unique url generated by the Limesurvey token system.

The block would compare the Moodle user email address to any instances of the same email address in the Limesurvey survey token table and generate the corresponding survey text and url.

I would be interested in knowing whether anyone else has done this and/or what is the best method for presenting this information (module, block, etc)?

Any feedback and/or persons interested in collaborating on this would be appreciated.

Regards,
Mikiko
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 1 month ago #179885 by holch
Replied by holch on topic CMS integrations: Limesurvey Integration
Have a look in the forum. I think I have read that there once was a plugin/module/block in Moodle for Limesurvey, but I think it doesn't work with the newer versions at the moment, but it might be a starting point.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 1 month ago #179891 by LouisGac
  • holch
More
5 years 1 month ago #179897 by holch
Replied by holch on topic CMS integrations: Limesurvey Integration
Most probably. I was a little confused by the link to Limesurvey. Now it makes sense.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose