Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

changing Activated survey

• Co2Co2
  • Co2Co2's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #177980 by Co2Co2
changing Activated survey was created by Co2Co2
When activating a survey you get the warning that you can not add questions and so.
Is there any possibilty to change this option by myself ?
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 3 months ago #178016 by holch
Replied by holch on topic changing Activated survey
No. This is built in. Once the survey is activated you can not apply certain changes to the survey (like adding questions, subquestions, answer options). From what I understand, anything that requires changes to the database structure is affected.

You can still change texts of questions, subquestions or answer options, etc.

If you need to add questions, you need to deactivate the survey first, make your changes and then activate again.

Please not that when deactivating a survey, the answers given so far will be archived and seem to disappear from your survey. They are still there, but in a different database. In newer versions of Limesurvey (I think since 2.06 LTS, but not sure) you are given the option to reactivate old answer into the survey that you are activating again. However, whenever deactivating a survey with collected responses, I would always export the responses first, just to be on the save side. Then you can always join the two datasets later in Excel, Calc, etc.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose