Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Send SMS to participants with unique link to survey

• vixitasurveys
  • vixitasurveys's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #177327 by vixitasurveys
Hello,

We have sent out unique links to survey participants. However, after doing so, we still need to re-send those links via SMS. (something like a reminder).

My question is: How do I upload all those unique links (tokens already generated) on to an SMS service and send out the links again? (SMS service provider is not a problem - can use something like msg91)

Thanks again!
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 4 months ago #177402 by holch
This is not a Limesurvey issue. If you want to know how to create the token links, there is a description on how to create token links in a spreadsheet software in the workaround section. Or it was there (I know that, because I created it!). But I can't find it anymore. It must have been deleted when the manual was updated. What a pity, because as far as I know, you can export a token link list automatically in LS yet.

Short version: Go to the participant table, right click on the little cock wheel, copy the link you see there. It gives you the structure of your link. Once you understood how the links are built, it is easy to copy the part before the token and then join it via the concatenate function with the individual tokens. This way you can create your list with the token links.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: vixitasurveys
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #182661 by Engineerumair
Replied by Engineerumair on topic Send SMS to participants with unique link to survey
I have setup gmail account for sending email invitations.

SMTP host : smtp.gmail.com:587
SMTP Username : xyz@gmail.com
SMTP password : xyz
SMTP encryption : TLS

but I get the following error:
SMTP connect() failed

Could you please help me how to sort it?
  • gabrieljenik
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
4 years 9 months ago #186469 by gabrieljenik
Replied by gabrieljenik on topic Send SMS to participants with unique link to survey
Hi,

I have a plugin and a service for sending sms from Lime.

www.encuesta.biz/en/product/limesurvey-sms-service/

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Checkout our Reporting Solutions and our plugin shop at www.encuesta.biz .

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose