Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Least Filled / Lowest Bucket / Auto Answer .. all needed ... - Solved

More
5 years 2 months ago #179983 by jelo

paulfiner wrote: I have yet to make the move up to version 3 but I have a feeling this functionality is still missing in the current release.

LS 3 is the only version with updates (bugfixes and new bugs) in 2019.

The description here ( www.limesurvey.org/examples/market-research ) seems to highlight the quotasystem for market research purpose.

Take LimeSurvey's inbuilt quota management, for example.Just set quotas to the region of your participants, so you may only get answers of the specific region you are researching. Or try to filter by income, even a lock by IP address is possible.

There might be the misconception that LimeSurvey already has a powerful quotasystem. Which is not the case.

A few feature requests about quota.
bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=12402
bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=11589

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 2 months ago #179984 by paulfiner
Totally agree about the lack of a powerful quota system...it's a very limiting factor for using Limesurvey in market research surveys for which this type of thing (least filled etc) is essential.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #179988 by DenisChenu

jelo wrote: bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=12402

Not really about quota here : i think it's more "filter" related :).

jelo wrote: bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=11589

My project : allow plugins to add variables in Expression Manager and move this plugin gitlab.com/SondagesPro/getStatInSurvey#u...n-expression-manager
to this new system.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by DenisChenu.
  • davebostockgmail
  • davebostockgmail's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 2 months ago #180014 by davebostockgmail
The thing I find with Limesurvey is that with a knowledge of how data works in a commercial research setting and a small understanding of how to work with the API, Limesurvey can be made to do almost anything a commercial software can do.
There are some minor cosmetic issues such as keeping order of randomised lists for respondents but these are irritations to the researcher designing the survey and not a problem with the software.
I have run commercial strength surveys of 50K+ respondents quickly and easily with Limesurvey and the forum has proven to be most helpful at all times.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose