Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

admin enter global values on a per-survey basis

• rickanderson
  • rickanderson's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #175624 by rickanderson
Hi...

I am pretty new to LimeSurvey (v3.0) and just wondered what was the best way for a survey Admin (effectively superAdmin) to enter specific global values for a survey on a survey-by-survey basis?

The survey will essentially the same for each group of users but some values need to change between the various groups e.g. the admin should be able to enter a set of group specific job classifications which would pre-populate a dropdown for the user to select (job classifications for a legal firm would be different from a medical practice for example), similarly the admin would need to enter group specific weightings for calculating the final results.

In LimeSurvey is this best achieved by creating a question group of hidden questions that can only be seen by the admin and which are completed when the survey is first issued (would this have to be completed for every instance of the survey?) or is there some way of setting global values for a survey when it is being created?

Apologies if this is a stupid question - I had a look through the topics here and couldn't see anything which suggested the best approach for this.

Cheers

...Rick.
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #175637 by tpartner
You may be able to use hidden questions with default values set or hidden equation questions.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by tpartner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rickanderson
  • rickanderson
  • rickanderson's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #175644 by rickanderson
Replied by rickanderson on topic admin enter global values on a per-survey basis
Thanks - I'll look into that a bit more.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose