Generating Tokens

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #174601 by combitz
combitz replied the topic: Generating Tokens
Thanks jelo,

Didn't see your reply earlier in the thread, thanks for the openssl info.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #174606 by jelo
jelo replied the topic: Generating Tokens

combitz wrote: The problem is PHP 7.2 deprecated the mcrypt method so Yii::app()->securityManager->generateRandomString(int) will always fail on PHP installs above 7.1

Yii checks if OpenSSL or MCrypt or /dev/urandom is available. On a Windows platform under PHP 7.2 both MCrypt (not available under PHP 7.2 or above) and /dev/unrandom (not available under windows) are not available. So OpenSSL is the only way under Windows PHP 7.2.

Are you a student conducting a survey? If yes, tell me why you use LimeSurvey?
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/116...y-you-use-limesurvey
The following user(s) said Thank You: combitz

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #174614 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: Generating Tokens

jelo wrote: …
Yii checks if OpenSSL or MCrypt or /dev/urandom is available. On a Windows platform under PHP 7.2 both MCrypt (not available under PHP 7.2 or above) and /dev/unrandom (not available under windows) are not available. So OpenSSL is the only way under Windows PHP 7.2.

Maybe we need to test it when installing ? And show a warning (like imap etc …) or a danger

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #174619 by combitz
combitz replied the topic: Generating Tokens

DenisChenu wrote: Maybe we need to test it when installing ? And show a warning (like imap etc …) or a danger

I just had the same thought as it will get everyone installing from new as 7.2+ is the current recommended stable version going forward.

Thanks for the help, tokens working now :)

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #174638 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: Generating Tokens

combitz wrote: I just had the same thought as it will get everyone installing from new as 7.2+ is the current recommended stable version …

Yes but we don't recommend Windows IIS ;)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #174640 by jelo
jelo replied the topic: Generating Tokens
I would recommend to develop the checkroutines of the installer into a core part (or core extension), which can be used for checking not only during installation but all the time (like phpinfo and version modal window). That way the checking routines get better, cause more people use them.
When your provider changes to PHP 7.2, the running installation won't profit from the installer check routines for mcrypt etc.

The "dictator" style of the installation check should be optional ;-)

Are you a student conducting a survey? If yes, tell me why you use LimeSurvey?
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/116...y-you-use-limesurvey
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!