Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Adjust width of array / columns in array

• CarolinEkman
  • CarolinEkman's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago #172881 by CarolinEkman
Adjust width of array / columns in array was created by CarolinEkman
Hi,

I have an array (number) with check boxes. I have many options with long text, and would need the columns to be wider so that the answer options look better. Is there any way I can do this without javascript?

Either to
- adjust hte width of the columns
- OR to adjust the width of the entire table

The only think I have found in the manual/forums is about adjusting the width of the subquestions on the Y axis.

Attached a screen shot of how it looks now, as you can see you can't read the answer options properly.

I am using LS version 2.06+ Build 151215
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #172890 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Adjust width of array / columns in array
Depending on the number of subquestions, it might make sense to switch answer options on the X axis with the subquestions on the Y axis.

Even if you make the space for the subquestions smaller, you probably will not increase the space for the answer options enough so that all of these 14 items receive enough additional space to actually improve anything.

I think the problem here is rather the question.

But, from what I see you probably want to use the array filter to pipe in only the products the have checked in a previous question, so switching the x and y axis might not work for you.

Maybe you can create one question per product and hide and show the product via relevance equation according to the answer to the previous question. yes, this would mean more questions, but at the end of the day each question will be easier and clearer to answer and you could use a simple multiple answer question and have the list vertically.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by holch.
  • Joffm
More
5 years 7 months ago #172907 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic Adjust width of array / columns in array
Hi, Carolin,
I agree to holch.

In this case the array(numbers) is not the best question type.
Even if you narrowed the subquestion column to 50%, each answer column will not be wider a lot.
And the long words like "guidelines", "organization", "education/training", "Developing", "Monitoring" will still be splitted.

You should really use several multipunch questions, one for each product, displayed by relevance.
As far as I remember there are not too many products.

And additionally you will have an open "Other" option to enter the text.

Best regards
Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
  • CarolinEkman
  • CarolinEkman's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago #173122 by CarolinEkman
Replied by CarolinEkman on topic Adjust width of array / columns in array
Thank you both for your input! I see what you mean, you are probably right that it is the character of the question that is the problem in this case. :)

Carolin

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose