Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Can LimeSurvey help me in making a person focussed spreadsheet?

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #164946 by dosch
Hey all,

I need to map the processes in my company on an individual basis and I thought that it would be easiest to send employees a survey to ask them about their work, processes and other stuff. With this I hope to gain a unified register that maps all processes in a unified manner.

To make it clear, the current export feature aggregates all answers and this is not useful for me. I don't need to know that 68% answered 'yes' to some question. But I need to see exactly who answered 'Yes' and who answered 'No' in the export.

So the spreadsheet would have a breakdown per person who completed the survey, not a breakdown on the questions asked.

Something like:
Name Do you like fruit? What is your favorite dish? How often do you think about food?
BasYesCurry fruit riceLess then 1 minute a day
EvaNoChocolateBetween 1 hour and 2 hours a day
KevinOther ... only mangosMango LassyThe whole day

I hope this is clear and thnx for your answers!
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by dosch. Reason: clearifying my question
The topic has been locked.
More
6 years 1 month ago #164949 by Deusdeorum

dosch wrote: To make it clear, the current export feature aggregates all answers and this is not useful for me.

What 'current export feature' are you using? Limesurvey does indeed allow you to export on a individual level. Go to Responses and statistics > Export results > Choose excel and export. Or am I misunderstanding you somewhere?
The following user(s) said Thank You: dosch
  • Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 1 month ago #164950 by Joffm
Hi, if you export to EXCEL (in "Show answers"), you will get the following.

Of course, best with single punch questions.

Remeber: LS is a data collecting tool, not a analysing tool.
In your case I always recommend to write your own small php script to delect the desired data and create a spreadsheet to display them.

Best regards
Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
More
6 years 1 month ago #164951 by dosch
hey Deusdeorum, I now use 'statistics -> view statistics' this allow me to save survey results as .xls file.

But in that file all answers are in the left column and next to that the percentages of how many people chose an answer. I can't see anymore *who* gave what answer.

So to use my example above, I currently get:

AnswerCountpercentage
Yes133%
No133%
Other...133%

etc...
More
6 years 1 month ago #164952 by Deusdeorum
The statistics view is just what is says it is, statistics :) Use the "Export results" feature instead and you will get your desired output.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dosch
More
6 years 1 month ago #164975 by dosch
That was it. I guess that LS has so many features I just need time to find them all. :-)
Thank you for your fast answer and this perfect welcome to the forum

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose