Only display the answer options in ranking if answer in array is in first column

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #171273 by kaugurs
kaugurs replied the topic: Only display the answer options in ranking if answer in array is in first column
Oh, sorry! I did not get that immediately.
THANK YOU A LOT! It works perfectly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 4 days ago #176488 by murphyme
murphyme replied the topic: Only display the answer options in ranking if answer in array is in first column
joffm: Thanks so much for your sample.
Anyone: If my first question is a drop-down list instead of an array, would my equation look like this instead?: {M1_SQ001=(if(Q1.NAOK=="A1","Y",""))}

More
1 month 4 days ago #176502 by tpartner
tpartner replied the topic: Only display the answer options in ranking if answer in array is in first column
Did you test it?

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #176766 by murphyme
murphyme replied the topic: Only display the answer options in ranking if answer in array is in first column
For any non-programmers like myself out there, the answer to my question is "yes."

There are two issues with joffm's solution that can't be worked around from what I can tell, and they both relate to scale:
* In the survey's general settings, the Format must be set to question-by-question. Group-by-group will not work. Anyone who has developed advanced surveys will know that group-by-group is an important feature.
* If you download and preview joffm's survey, you'll see that even though the "hidden" rank options don't appear, the survey still maintains the space for them within the control's frame. Similar to CSS property visibility: hidden versus display: none. Several hidden options are fine, but at some point the amount of white space is too much.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!