Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Can I overwrite token value once the survey is submitted?

• DanielVN
  • DanielVN's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 6 months ago #158478 by DanielVN
Hi,

I'm working on a multi country sample only project.

I have a client that have scripted a survey on lime and have committed the sampling process to my company. As this is a multi country project I'm using 3 partners for different countries.

For each partner I have created a separate set of unique tokens, which were imported on my side and on the client's side as well. The redirects for the partners are using the tokens as a replacement for their unique ID's and a set of live links is provided to all partners.

This setup is working properly except for one of the partners.

The system that they are using requires specific value for a variable (UID) for their redirects to work. So the end link that they have provided looks like the one below:

r.mintvine.com/nq/?uid=

Initially I have tried to append the value of the token to UID as this is working just fine for the other two partners so the end link would look like the one below:

r.mintvine.com/nq/?uid= '' + token;

Unfortunately this is not working for them as they will need the value of the UID passed back to them in the redirects.

Since the value is generated randomly for each respondent on their side they are not able to provide me with the values beforehand.

As a potential solution I was thinking to provide them with live links like the ones below:

vnmarketresearch.eu/panel/index.php/surv...newtest/Y/uid/{their ID}

So, for each token value I will have a unique UID value as well. Then I will store the UID value from the live link using panel integration and overwrite the value of the token with the stored value of the UID.

Is this possible?

Any additional ideas are highly appreciated.

N.B. The project is already live for the rest of the partners/countries and I and the client are not able to close it to add/remove any new variables.

Thank you very much in advance.
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 6 months ago #158488 by DenisChenu
Hi,

manual.limesurvey.org/URL_fields

Then
1. Add uid question : short text/hidden
2. Use it in EndUrl

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • DanielVN
  • DanielVN's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 6 months ago #158489 by DanielVN
Hello,

Thank you for the quick reply, however the project is active for all other partners and it's not possible to close it in order to add the new questions.

Also i believe that this new question should be added to both redirect and main surveys. Is that correct?

Having this in mind is there a possibility to overwrite the value of the token with UID?

Thank you in advance.
  • DenisChenu
More
6 years 6 months ago #158496 by DenisChenu
Adding this new question take less than 5 minutes … the system is broken without it.

Else : you need to create and develop a specific plugin

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose