How to change URL of my survey

More
3 months 2 weeks ago - 3 months 2 weeks ago #157867 by leblancoj
leblancoj created the topic: How to change URL of my survey
Hi.

Previously you helped me a lot. I hope you can help me with this.

I would like to change the URL default of my survey, I set up by mistake "localhost" and I can't connect from WAN.

actually is "http://localhost:8080/limesurvey/index.php/448626?lang=es"

I want "http://MyIP:8080/limesurvey/index.php/448626?lang=es"

Attachments:
Last Edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by leblancoj.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #157877 by holch
holch replied the topic: How to change URL of my survey
I assume you want to access only from your local network (LAN), not from outside (the open internet)?

To change "localhost" to your IP or Domain, you just need to login via your IP or Domain, then LS will automatically adapt this to the path you have accessed your LS installation.

However, I fear you are trying to access a survey via the internet, that is actually only accessible in the local network or even just on your own computer...

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #157879 by leblancoj
leblancoj replied the topic: How to change URL of my survey
I want to access from outside(Internet) It is my main intention.

I trying to access via the Internet and I can't because I think that's my problem.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago - 3 months 2 weeks ago #157881 by holch
holch replied the topic: How to change URL of my survey
I assume that you installed LS on your computer via the XAMPP package or similar? These local installs are meant to be for testing and development purposes, not for productive environments.

Your computer in your local network should (hopefully) not be accessible from outside. I write hopefully, because if it were accessible, there could be a lot of security problems. You most probably also don't have a fixed IP for your network if your internet connection is DSL or something similar.

It is not impossible to setup a server at home, but given the questions here, I think you won't be able to set this up securely. So you'd better forget about this option (I wouldn't recommend it anyway, hosting including a real domain is fairly cheap today).

You need to install Limesurvey on a webserver that is accessible from the internet. So either you find yourself a package at some hosting company or you order one of the Professional hosting packages that the Limesurvey GmbH is offering.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds
Last Edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by holch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: leblancoj

More
3 months 2 weeks ago - 3 months 2 weeks ago #157924 by leblancoj
Thank you for your answer.

I tell you:

- I have a Server with WIndows Server 2008.
- This same server also have IIS 7.5 for Web Server, I have other application running there for my clients
- My LimeSurvey is installed on WAMP
- My IIS and WAMP have different ports to access
- I'm in a office with static IP
- with my application on IIS 7.5 I can connect without problems from outside and I thought that with WAMP would work the same way, With IIS 7.5 I didn't do anything and my clients are working fine.
- I didn't know that APACHE WEB SERVER by default denies all connections less from localhost and I must open the connections manually to allow connections from outside.
- I thought that my problem was to have "http://localhost:8080/limesurvey/index.php/448626?lang=es"

Regards.
Last Edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by leblancoj.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #157933 by jelo
jelo replied the topic: How to change URL of my survey

leblancoj wrote: - My IIS and WAMP have different ports to access
- with my application on IIS 7.5 I can connect without problems from outside and I thought that with WAMP would work the same way.

If can access IIS but not WAMP on the same server-ip from outside, the port may be blocked by your router. Normally you need a port forwarding.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #157960 by leblancoj
I got it!!!!.

ALready this topic can be closed.

Regards.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!