Question duplication based on previous selection

More
4 months 1 week ago #157378 by TSpeirs
TSpeirs created the topic: Question duplication based on previous selection
Hello everyone,

does anyone know how to duplicate a question group based on a checkbox value selected before? I like to duplicate questions like "How frequently do you maintain contact with [XXX]", where [XXX] contains the value of the item selected before. For example, I have selected the person 1 and 2 first, then two questions would show asking "How frequently do you maintain contact with 1" and "How frequently do you maintain contact with 2".

Thanks a lot for your help

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 months 1 week ago #157380 by Joffm
Joffm replied the topic: Question duplication based on previous selection
Hello, TSpeirs,
as I understand you want to ask the question "How frequently do you maintain contact with [XXX]" to all persons who were selected before.

well, LS supports neither dynamic lists nor loops.
So you have to insert your question "How frequently do you maintain contact with [XXX]" as many times as there are selectable persons.

By relevance you display only the question that match the selected person like: (Q1_SQ001=="Y").

If you limit the number of selections (e.g. only up to 3 can be selected) you insert your question three times and pipe the name of the person by EM.

But this will demand much more work in analysis.

Best regards
Joffm

More
4 months 1 week ago #157381 by TSpeirs
TSpeirs replied the topic: Question duplication based on previous selection
First of all: Thank you very much for your quick reply.

I surely hoped for an easier solution, but they way you described will do the trick.

Thank you,

Timo

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!