What is doing the work for executing regular expressions?

More
3 months 1 week ago #156727 by Erutan409
Erutan409 created the topic: What is doing the work for executing regular expressions?
I've briefly looked through the documentation I could find based on some relevant searches, but I'm not 100% on what is actually handling the regex matching when using validation in my questions. Is it PHP-based or JavaScript-based?

Thank you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 week ago #156734 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: What is doing the work for executing regular expressions?

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Erutan409

More
3 months 1 week ago #156735 by Erutan409
Erutan409 replied the topic: What is doing the work for executing regular expressions?
Super helpful. Thank you for the links!

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #157010 by Erutan409
Erutan409 replied the topic: What is doing the work for executing regular expressions?
So, with that being said - how do I adequately test my regex patterns before making a survey live?

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #157058 by fvanderstarre
fvanderstarre replied the topic: What is doing the work for executing regular expressions?
Hi, see for example: https://regex101.com/ . There are many more...

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #157059 by Erutan409
Thank you for the reply. To be direct - I'm aware of online tools such as www.regex101.com (my personal favorite) that can help me test my patterns. So, I apologize if I wasn't being clear enough with my previous question.

I was trying to ascertain when/if my patterns were being evaluated on the PHP side (using the PCRE engine) or on the front-end side (JavaScript). Which, would affect the patterns being valid when being executed, respectively.

I was having issues with some of in my inputs where I attached the aforementioned regex patterns and the error/notification messages weren't referring to any specific question that wasn't passing its validation. Hence, where my question was coming from.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now