Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Public registration: how to register once, access multiple times

• oleggorfinkel
  • oleggorfinkel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #156271 by oleggorfinkel
Hello,

I want any respondent who has the survey URL to be asked to register on first access and then be able to fill out the survey multiple times. I have tried enabling public registration, but that adds the new respondent to the participant table and sets the "Uses left" count to 1, so this user can only complete the survey once. I have tried setting the "Uses left" field to a larger number in the Participants table, and then the invitation email is sent out again, but when the respondent clicks on the link they still get the error "This invitation has already been used."

Ideally, I'd like users to be sent an invitation/verification email upon registration, but then, on subsequent visits, to be able to just enter the same email (or perhaps the token which was provided to them in the original email) and go to the survey DIRECTLY, without having to pass through the email step. Is something like that possible with LimeSurvey?

Cheers,
Oleg.

Oleg G.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by oleggorfinkel.
The topic has been locked.
  • oleggorfinkel
  • oleggorfinkel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #156281 by oleggorfinkel
UPDATE:
I have figured out that I can force multiple use by raising the "Uses left" number AND setting the Completed flag to off, which then allows the respondent to access the survey again by clicking the link in the original invitation email. This, however, still isn't a viable workaround, as it would require timely action from me for every new registration, and I couldn't possible cope with a large number of new respondents. Isn't there a way to prevent LimeSurvey from setting the single-use limit on new registrations? Or, perhaps, to let the designer set a specific default "Uses left" number for the survey that would then be applied to every new respondent?

Oleg G.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by oleggorfinkel.
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose