Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Accept cookies at start of survey?

• Reveb
  • Reveb's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 9 months ago #155276 by Reveb
Accept cookies at start of survey? was created by Reveb
For school i had to build a website with a survey on it.

For this i chose Limesurvey, i finished it but now i got problems with people not being able to fill it in cause they don't have there cookies turned on. They will get the message: "We are sorry but your session has expired. Either you have been inactive for too long, you have cookies disabled for your browser, or there were problems with your connection."

The survey is based around sick people, most of the time old and they don't wanna be searching how to turn cookies on.

Is there a possibility to ask people to accept the cookies in limesurvey at the start.
I have put the survey into a Iframe on my main website and when the button comes it opens, putting an accept or decline on the main page won't effect the iframe so i kind off have to put an accept cookies into the survey.

Reveb
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 9 months ago #155280 by LouisGac
Replied by LouisGac on topic Accept cookies at start of survey?
iFrames can make problems with cookies, it depends on your server configuration (P3P), but also on participant's web browser configuration (3rd party cookies).

Easy solution: open the survey in a new tab/windows.

1. No more problem for cookies configuration
2. Much better look & feel on mobile devices.
3. No more distractors (anything around the survey which is not directly related to the survey (menus, borders, pictures, etc) is a distractor for the participants and will have an effect on the average quality of your datas. )
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose