Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Add unique id to url on each page of quiz

• gobsheen
  • gobsheen's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #150842 by gobsheen
Hi everyone,
I'm using LimeSurvey to run usability tests on different versions of a website. I have 4 question groups, each one corresponding to a specific version of the website. The intro text for each group contains a link which opens the website in a new window. There are then a number of questions on the page relating to the website user's have just visited.

Now, I'm also using a usability testing tool which records users' interactions with the website. To help you associate users with the recordings, this tool allows you to pass in a unique ID for the user (this is usually done by passing through the user's login name etc)

What I want to be able to do is associate survey responses in LimeSurvey with the recordings in the usability tool. I was thinking that I could use the unique token for each survey user to do this. If I can add the token to the survey URL, I can use some simple JavaScript to extract it from the referring URL from LimeSurvey.

Unfortunately I can't figure out how to add the token to the URL for each page in the survey; not just the end URL.

Is this even possible in LimeSurvey? If so, any tips would be much appreciated.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by gobsheen.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 11 months ago #150846 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Add unique id to url on each page of quiz
I don't think that you can add an ID to each url of each "page" of the survey.

I would go the other way around. Pass on the id of the usability tool to Limesurvey when you open the survey. You can pass it via the URL and then write it to a hidden question via the panel integration feature.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose