Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Dynamic Redirection - Screen and redirect based on answers

• rob_hanley
  • rob_hanley's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #148564 by rob_hanley
Hi Community!
I want to do this with lime survey:

Lets say i have three or four survey (can be more) and one screening survey, Now when participant finish answering with screening survey to redirect to another survey.

but his redirection is based on not only the screening survey answers but also the quota and end date of other surveys.

Please guide...
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 1 month ago #148566 by holch
You can redirect respondents via zero quotas. So if for the responses 5 of a question you want to redirect to survey 5, you can do this by setting a quota with zero for this response 5 and put a redirect link for this quota.

I am not sure what you want to do with quota and end date of other survey, but I don't think this will be easy out of the box.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: rob_hanley
More
7 years 1 month ago #148575 by Deusdeorum
I asked you to expand on this question in IRC, it's hard to tell exactly what you want to do. But holch approach is a good starter. And as I said in IRC you could use a nested if-statement to redirect the persons where ever you want. If you know the end dates of the other surveys you could use {date('Y-m-d')} and check if that is after/before the other surveys end date.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rob_hanley
More
7 years 1 month ago #148579 by jelo

rob_hanley wrote: but his redirection is based on not only the screening survey answers but also the quota and end date of other surveys.

The current quota and scripting inside LimeSurvey are not capable to do this. You ask for a system which can control and manage quotas of the different surveys at the same time.
Can you the place the quotasystem in the screening survey. Which might ease the task a bit.
LimeSurvey still won't be able to offer quota scripting features. So all comes down to what kind of quota needs to be enforced.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • rob_hanley
  • rob_hanley's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #148589 by rob_hanley
I did get your point, so.. let me put this scenario in front of you:

What i want is that i want to screen participant for a survey which might be ending soon, needs more participant to fill, need to collect data before other survey, location based survey send participant to a particular survey.
So in any of the case above, i want to screen the participant.

Then after screening, i will make the logic, for that i need all survey data (via api?) and then redirect that participant.

or just help me whats the easiest way to do this sort of task ?

Sorry if i am making myself repeat.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose