Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Protecting a video in upload/survey/numerosurvey/file with login pwd

• Csurvey
  • Csurvey's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #148534 by Csurvey
Hello everybody,

As someone (or something like a google robot for indexing ) could reach directly the material in /upload/survey/numerosurvey/files,
by entering the url in a browser, if i am not misunderstanding (we had a discussion about that a few month ago in this forum) , how would you do to protect that with a simple system login/pwd passed in the url from a question that direct to a file in this folder ?

I did some research about placing the clips in a dropbox or something like that, but there is no way to get a link containing login/pwd that i can fill in limesurvey interface with source for reaching the clip. The only way i know is functioning like that : everytime a clip is reached from this content dropbox, the participant get a window inviting to manually enter the pwd, or to enter once and indicate to the browser to record it.

I mean, i will have a survey with short clips that would be uploaded in /files, my participants are informed that they do not have the right to share this material i have the right to use for this survey but i do not own; but someone else or google could reach and index this url. Could i password protect the/files folder and a subfolder in /files, putting somewhere in the limesurvey question the login/pwd ?

It will be visible for my participants only, and that would be the best solution for me because they sign an agreement about not sharing files, so if they see the login/pwd in the url that is not a problem, but it would be like i want, not accessible for someone else scrawling the repertoire ?

Many thanks,
Best,
Chris
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose