Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

randomized survey experiment Amazon Mechanical Turk

More
7 years 1 month ago #147645 by Ben_V

holch wrote: This is actually a question you should direct to the support system of the professional/premium packages

IMHO sounds like the key point of this thread...

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)
The following user(s) said Thank You: tpartner
The topic has been locked.
  • emisilvi
  • emisilvi's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #147787 by emisilvi
hello holch, I need to ask you another question if possible. I just bought basic package and I downloaded 2.62.0+170124.zip. I unziped it and saved it in Recovery D. Now, I want to start my survey but I really don't know how. Would you suggest me something simple? I saw a video explaining how to install it through installatron, would it be fine? Thank you in advance!
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 1 month ago #147789 by holch
If you have purchased the basic package of Limesurvey Professional you do not have to install anything. The folks at Limesurvey GmbH basically host Limesurvey for you. You should receive an email with further explanation from them. So please refer to their support, should you have any further questions regarding the basic package.

A little background info: Limesurvey is a web application that needs to be installed on a web server to work. You can also install a webserver environment on your personal computer for testing and development purposes, but not for running actual surveys. For this you need a real webserver that others can access over the internet (which will not work with your pc or notebook).
If you have a certain technical knowledege you can download the opensource package of Limesurvey for free and then install it on your webserver. However, seeing your questions here I think the best solution for you was to go with a hosted solution like the Basic package of Limesurvey Professional, because you do not have to worry about the installation and hosting, etc..

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: tpartner
  • tpartner
More
7 years 1 month ago #147797 by tpartner
Further to holch's answer, you can get a feel for the platform on the free demo site - www.limesurvey.org/#demo

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose