Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

condition based on equation

• La_civette
  • La_civette's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #147493 by La_civette
condition based on equation was created by La_civette
Hi folks,

I'm blocking on something quite simpe in appearance.

I have a "text display" question taht should dispaly is a previous "equation" question is greater than 0. Equation in itself is properly calculated and calculation displays properly (intended to be hidden at the end ) but condition cannot grab it. Only option is "no answer" and it does not accept a constant.

What could be wrong or is it simply feasible ?

Thank you beforehand,
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 1 month ago #147495 by holch
Replied by holch on topic condition based on equation
As far as I know, conditions don't work with equation questions. However, if you are familiar with expression manager, it is usually a lot quicker to use relevance equations on the question, rather than conditions.

In your case I would write something like this into the relevance equation field of the question to be hidden/shown, asssuming that the question code of the equation question is "equation"
Code:
equation>0

What you need to check is, if by calling the equation question it is triggered again. I am never sure in which cases this happens. I remember that there are some problems with random number generations in an equation that should be fixed after it has been done once. So you need to check first if the equation is already set and only if not run it. Not sure if this impacts here though.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• La_civette
  • La_civette's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #147515 by La_civette
Replied by La_civette on topic condition based on equation
Hello, thanks, it works fine.
  • DenisChenu
More
7 years 1 month ago #147529 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic condition based on equation

holch wrote: As far as I know, conditions don't work with equation questions. However, if you are familiar with expression manager, it is usually a lot quicker to use relevance equations on the question, rather than conditions.

You mean condition using equation ? If yes : It work on different page, but not on same page.

I have an idea to 'work on same page' : we must add an action.

If you have time : can you report a bug ?

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose