Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

How to transfer an md5 Limesurvey generated hash to a MySQL database

• victoralvarez
  • victoralvarez's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #146056 by victoralvarez
Hello everybody,

I’m trying to transfer an encryption key created by using an md5 hash (generated by LimeSurvey) to a MySQL database.
The questionnaire I have to create has two parts: the first part is on limesurvey and the second on qualtrics. Due to the fact that the answers must be anonymous, a hash is created each time a subject finishes the LimeSurvey part. These values are stocked in a database in a college server managed with MySQL. Also, I will use these encryption keys or hashes to link the results to LimeSurvey with those on Qualtrics. For instance, I haven’t been able to transfer these hashed codes to the MySQL database. Can someone help me out?
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 3 months ago #146063 by holch
So who creates the hash? If it is you: What makes this annonymous then? Why not just use ANY key that is the same in Qualtrics and Limesurvey passed on via URL? If you can can compare the hashes, why do you need to hash it anyway?? What makes this more anonymous? Maybe I don't understand exactly what you are trying to do, but when I understand your question in the Spanish forum correctly, you use these hashes to understand who answered what. So this actually means there is no annonymity.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose