Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Mass Editing Participants in Active Survey

• BBCMResearch
  • BBCMResearch's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #141867 by BBCMResearch
Mass Editing Participants in Active Survey was created by BBCMResearch
Long story short, I need to change the value of a pre-set attribute from 0 to 1 for 10% of my participant list, or about 2800 entries in an active survey with a preset sample, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to do it without losing response data.

I cannot wait until the survey closes because 1s and 0s have different branched questions. If I take the survey offline and repopulate with a corrected sample, minus completed responses, I'll lose the response data for incomplete entries, right?

Can anyone think of a solution to my problem?
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 6 months ago #141877 by davebostockgmail
Replied by davebostockgmail on topic Mass Editing Participants in Active Survey
By editing participants in a survey do you mean changing a value in the token table?

If that is the case and you have some way of identifying the ones you want to change .. say a variable in the token table that is set as GroupA, GroupB and GroupC, then it would be just a case of identifying the table in the database and running an update query ..

As an example .. if the Identifying Variable is Attribute1 in the table and the one you wanted to update was Attribute5 then the sql code would be....

UPDATE `surveys`.`[Your Token Table]` SET `attribute_5`='1' WHERE `attribute_1`='GroupA';

This will update the table for all participants who have a value of GroupA

Hope this helps
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 6 months ago #141903 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Mass Editing Participants in Active Survey
See this post about editing the token table - www.limesurvey.org/forum/can-i-do-this-w...-participants#141902

Of course, editing that table will not affect how the attribute was used in any completed survey or how it was used in any incomplete survey that has progressed beyond the attribute use. (does that make sense?)

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BBCMResearch

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose