Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Lime Survey And Osticket

• dentalenquiry09
  • dentalenquiry09's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #141840 by dentalenquiry09
Lime Survey And Osticket was created by dentalenquiry09
Hello Everybody,

I hope you all are well and i am feeling very happy at here. Now can anybody help me at below point. Thank you very much in advance for this.

Current We are using osticket system to manage the customers service and the osticket version is v1.9.7 (4be5782) and we have setup limesurvey on system (limesurvey version - 2.51.1+160901). Now we want to send the survey automatic to client on ticket close but we are little bit conduced how to do it :( . can anybody guide us in it.

Thanks.
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #141841 by Deusdeorum
Replied by Deusdeorum on topic Lime Survey And Osticket
If osticket has an API you could connect the osticket API to the LS API so that when a ticket is closed their contact information is inserted in the LS token table and then email them an invite to your survey automatically. I would have used the add participant and invite participant to do this.

However, i dont know if osticket has an API and there might be other solutions to this but this is the first one I could think of.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Deusdeorum.
More
7 years 6 months ago #141842 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Lime Survey And Osticket
An easy way to integrate LimeSurvey into OSTicket can be to create an open survey in Limesurvey and just create a URL in osticket with the ticketnumber as an attached URL parameter. The ticket number gets saved into the results. I assume that you want to link ticket/person to LimeSurvey results.

The cons about that easy integration is that anybody with the URL can enter the survey many times. Question is, how often will that happen.

A more complex way to integrate is to create a token in Limesurvey for every ticket when it get closed. You would need to access the Limesurvey API via OSticket. manual.limesurvey.org/RemoteControl_2_API

The token would ensure the survey won't be accessed by everybody and can only be filled out once.

Personally I would use a simple integration. I would generate a unique identifier (e.g a hash out of ticketnumber and something else) beside the ticketnumber and put both in the URL as parameter. That way you can ensure that not everyone guessing the ticketnumber can enter the survey. manual.limesurvey.org/URL_fields

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose