Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Add delay for email of a single batch - using external SMPT

• Maverick87Shaka
  • Maverick87Shaka's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #139875 by Maverick87Shaka
Hi all,
I have a "strange" request today!
I would like to know if there is ( and eventually add or modify ) a "delay" between the email sent inside a single batch.
What I need it's prevent that my Lime Survey server will be blocked by the SMTP server used to send email, or eventually from external email server that receive a lot of invitation.
The batch setting is already enabled with a "small" number of email, but I would like to take a control of this "internal delay" to be sure about the process.
Where I can find or add this delay?

( I know that there are some "risk" of script execution time error and stuff like that, but I can simple analyze and tune this setting to found the best settings. )

Thanks in advance!
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 7 months ago #139913 by jelo

Maverick87Shaka wrote: What I need it's prevent that my Lime Survey server will be blocked by the SMTP server used to send email, or eventually from external email server that receive a lot of invitation.

The blocking of mailserver from your mail receivers won't change blocking behaviour with a time delay in the limesurvey script. That won't work.
The blocking of your own SMTP shouldn't be triggered if you are allowed to send that amount of emails.
How many emails per second should be send?

There is currenty no option for mail queuing in Limesurvey. You can modify the code and add a sleep command to just insert a pause in the relevant codepart of Limesurvey. I wouldn't recommend that. I would invest in a mail service or a mailserver where you can control how many emails should be transported per hour.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • Maverick87Shaka
  • Maverick87Shaka's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #139926 by Maverick87Shaka

jelo wrote:

Maverick87Shaka wrote: What I need it's prevent that my Lime Survey server will be blocked by the SMTP server used to send email, or eventually from external email server that receive a lot of invitation.

How many emails per second should be send?

This is exactly what I would like to know!
Actually if I set a bath size of 50 emails, Limesurvey start the script and send all the 50 email in a "single script execution", virtually without any delay between each email.
What I would like to do is insert a sleep time, to prevent the server send all the 50 email at the same moment ( the limesurvey server actually it's a really powerful machine and send all the mail in a second fraction )
This amount of email actually trig the SMTP relay spam protection and put my limesurvey server in the blacklist!

Where is the portion of code where I have to put the sleeptime?

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose