Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Using token based survey but not having to use a token in survey preview

• Heinrich01
  • Heinrich01's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #139857 by Heinrich01
Hi everyone,

we have set up a token-based survey which is not anonymized. Hence, users need to type in a token to use the survey which works great. However, when we want to preview an inactive survey we also do have to type in a token to preview the survey. This does not make sense to me since I would have to create a dummy user to preview my own survey.
Is there any possibility to preview the entire survey (i.e. not single groups or questions) without having to type in a token?

Thanks!

Kind regards
The topic has been locked.
  • Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 7 months ago #139867 by Joffm
Hi, Heinrich,
well, I have no idea, if it is possible. I also think this to be a very handy feature.

But IMHO it is not very time consuming to add a dummy participant with token "123" or "111"
with "uses left" : let's say 100.
So you can test your survey 100 times with the same token which is easily entered.
see screenshot

Best regards
Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
  • Heinrich01
More
7 years 7 months ago #139870 by Heinrich01
Thanks Joffm. I fully agree with you, this is an easy to implement solution. Still, from my point of view, it would make even more sense if "survey preview" does not ask for any key since answers won't be saved anyway. I might create a feature request for upcoming versions of limesurvey to implement such a feature.
  • tpartner
More
7 years 7 months ago #139873 by tpartner
The token functionality is enabled on non-active surveys so you can test importing tokens, creating attributes, the emails, etc.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • Heinrich01
More
7 years 7 months ago #139874 by Heinrich01
Thanks tpartner. That makes sense. Still, then a "Skip" button to just skip typing in a token would be great.
  • holch
More
7 years 7 months ago #139885 by holch
You can add a feature request. But there are many little things that make sense and would be great to have in Limesurvey. Unfortunately the developers only have limited time.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose