Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Automatically deactivate survey when a certain number of participants is met

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 10 months ago #137667 by tpartner
No, don't apologize, your solution has its place. :)

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 3 months ago #146906 by dave1912
Hi all,
I am new to this forum and want to say "Hi" at first :)
For my PhD I am doing a large survey with lime survey. I also need a restriction for the maximum amount of participants. I have a few quotas in my survey (screen out, test questions) so that participants might drop out due to that or because they just don't finish the survey.
In these cases I wonder whether the solution with one hidden question at the beginning of the survey works. As I understand this, this quota would count just every participant that starts the survey independent of whether they complete the survey or not.
I need a way to prohibit further answers when I reached an amount of x completes. So I have the fear that the survey stops and I do not have my wanted number of participants.
Could you help me with this or make it more clear how this hidden question works in more detail?

Thanks a lot!
Dave
  • tpartner
More
7 years 3 months ago #146908 by tpartner
In version 2.58, the quota counts are only incremented when the survey is completed (haven't tested previous versions). So, you should be fine with placing a quota on a (hidden via CSS) list-radio question.

Having said that, depending on the length of the survey, you may get a few extra completes if you have respondents doing the survey concurrently.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dave1912
More
7 years 3 months ago #146910 by dave1912
Hi tpartner,

thanks a lot for the fast answer. So basically I could test that with a limit of this quota that equals 1. So the first complete should work, 2nd not. In contrast, if I first begin with a screenout or just leave the survey, it should not count.
And due to the fact that you mentionend the version: we have currently version 2.57+161202. Do you know where I can find the information whether this feature is applicable for my version, too?

Thanks again!
  • tpartner
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #146911 by tpartner

In contrast, if I first begin with a screenout or just leave the survey, it should not count.

I didn't test with screen-outs. You'll need to do that.

Do you know where I can find the information whether this feature is applicable for my version, too?

Test it. You can see the current quota counts in the "Completed" column of the "Survey quotas " screen.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by tpartner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dave1912

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose