How can carry out dual-column multiple numerical input?

More
3 years 4 months ago #134037 by mrli999
I would like to use the following questions in my survey. Could you please let me how to design such kind of questions?


Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

LimeSurvey Partners
More
3 years 4 months ago #134042 by first
Do you have input fields in first column as well(a....,b... etc) ?
if no
array number --> advance settings [Text inputs = Yes]
if Yes
Need some javascript .

Survey Designer and Programmer
The following user(s) said Thank You: mrli999

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #134044 by mrli999

OMdev wrote: Do you have input fields in first column as well(a....,b... etc) ?
if no
array number --> advance settings [Text inputs = Yes]
if Yes
Need some javascript .


Thank you very much! YES, I need to input in the first column(CURRENTLY) and in the second column(5-7 YEARS AGO)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #134052 by Mazi
You can add a question of type "multiple short text" before that question and ask something like "Please enter details about XYZ" to let the user enter the open texts there.

Then use array filter feature at the follow up "Array Numbers" question to only show rows for which a text exists. You can display the text of the previous question using placeholders. If the multiple short question uses question code "q22" and the sub-questions are numbered 1 to X use:
{q22_1.NAOK}
{q22_2.NAOK}
{q22_x.NAOK}

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Contact: marcel.minke(at)survey-consulting.com
Want to use your survey offline -> www.offlinesurveys.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: mrli999

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #134057 by mrli999

Mazi wrote: You can add a question of type "multiple short text" before that question and ask something like "Please enter details about XYZ" to let the user enter the open texts there.

Then use array filter feature at the follow up "Array Numbers" question to only show rows for which a text exists. You can display the text of the previous question using placeholders. If the multiple short question uses question code "q22" and the sub-questions are numbered 1 to X use:
{q22_1.NAOK}
{q22_2.NAOK}
{q22_x.NAOK}


thank you. Could you please explain more clearly?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #134059 by mrli999

mrli999 wrote: I would like to use the following questions in my survey. Could you please let me how to design such kind of questions?



The respondents should input 10 number, 5 for the first column and 5 for the second column. Numbers input in the first column should add up to 100%, so the second.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #134064 by Mazi
Did you already try to create a sample survey using a multiple short text + Array numbers question?

Please do so and attach the LSS file.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Contact: marcel.minke(at)survey-consulting.com
Want to use your survey offline -> www.offlinesurveys.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: mrli999

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #134121 by mrli999

Mazi wrote: Did you already try to create a sample survey using a multiple short text + Array numbers question?

Please do so and attach the LSS file.


Thank you very much for your kindness. I tried to use array(numbers). It seems work well me. However, I don't how to validate whether the sum of first column or the second column add up to 100 or not? Can I use "Question validation equation" to validate it? If so, how to do it ? Thanks.

Attachment please find my question.

File Attachment:

File Name: limesurvey...2011.lsq
File Size:7 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #134143 by tpartner
Given your x-scale codes of "curr" and "ago", the question validation equation would be:
sum(self.sq_curr) == 100 OR sum(self.sq_ago) == 100

Question attached:

File Attachment:

File Name: limesurvey...1(1).lsq
File Size:7 KB

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Official LimeSurvey Partner - partnersurveys.com
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mrli999

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #134151 by mrli999

tpartner wrote: Given your x-scale codes of "curr" and "ago", the question validation equation would be:

sum(self.sq_curr) == 100 OR sum(self.sq_ago) == 100

Question attached:

File Attachment:

File Name: limesurvey...1(1).lsq
File Size:7 KB


Thank you very much! Another question, even this question is not mandatory, if the respondent doesn't respond to this question, he can not go ahead with other questions. How should I do with this? thanks again!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #134155 by tpartner

Thank you very much! Another question, even this question is not mandatory, if the respondent doesn't respond to this question, he can not go ahead with other questions. How should I do with this? thanks again!

I don't understand. You said "validate whether the sum of first column or the second column add up to 100". In that case, the respondent is not supposed to be allowed to proceed unless that requirement is met.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Official LimeSurvey Partner - partnersurveys.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: mrli999

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #134164 by mrli999

tpartner wrote:

Thank you very much! Another question, even this question is not mandatory, if the respondent doesn't respond to this question, he can not go ahead with other questions. How should I do with this? thanks again!

I don't understand. You said "validate whether the sum of first column or the second column add up to 100". In that case, the respondent is not supposed to be allowed to proceed unless that requirement is met.


Can the respondent leave the question blank and go ahead with afterward questions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #134167 by tpartner
Try this for the following requirements:

- Nothing is answered
OR
- Both columns total to 0
OR
- One column totals to 100

count(self) == 0 OR (sum(self.sq_curr)== 0 AND sum(self.sq_ago)== 0) OR (sum(self.sq_curr)== 100 OR sum(self.sq_ago)== 100)

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Official LimeSurvey Partner - partnersurveys.com
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by tpartner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mrli999

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #134168 by mrli999

tpartner wrote: Try this for the following requirements:

- Nothing is answered
OR
- Both columns total to 0
OR
- One column totals to 100

count(self) == 0 OR (sum(self.sq_curr)== 0 AND sum(self.sq_ago)== 0) OR (sum(self.sq_curr)== 100 OR sum(self.sq_ago)== 100)


perfect!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!