Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Login To Backend via Remote Control 2 and Build Custom App

• Gordon55M
  • Gordon55M's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #132288 by Gordon55M
I am about to take my first dabble with Remote Control 2 - mainly for reporting. I'm trying to teach myself some new things and I am sure some of this doesn't make sense, but I'll put it out there to see if it is possible before I start (or if anyone has any suggestions).

My goal:
Using ONLY Remote Control 2 without a direct connection into the MySQL DB, to build a complete separate application that interacts with LimeSurvey. That application would:
  • Have a login page that will allow the user to login based on their LimeSurvey credentials. (Users still managed through LimeSurvey)
  • Have a single drop down of Survey's they are given permissions to. (Survey permission still managed through LimeSurvey)
  • Have a single "Analyze" button that when clicked it would run predetermined/prebuilt statistics on the survey selected (all survey's are the same exact structure) and display a custom built report page. (Again, not hitting the MySQL DB directly, but going through Remote Control)

I currently run my reports through Crystal Reports locally, but I want to really push my thought process and learn some more web development. I figured this was a great place to start if it is possible. I'd rather not fork LimeSurvey and change the core, thus I don't want to just create new PHP pages.

Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
The topic has been locked.
  • gabrieljenik
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
8 years 1 month ago #132290 by gabrieljenik
Hi Gordon,

What you want to do is totally possible using the API.
I have done it in the past.
Other users are researching about using LS with Google Spreadhseets.

Where do you see an issue?

Find the docs here:
api.limesurvey.org/classes/remotecontrol_handle.html

If you need anything else let me know.
If you need professional services to speed things up, also let me know. :)

Thanks!

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Checkout our Reporting Solutions and our plugin shop at www.encuesta.biz .

The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon55M
  • Gordon55M
  • Gordon55M's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #132291 by Gordon55M
Thanks for such a quick response! I did look at that URL and saw the _doLogin() part which I assumed meant it was possible. What threw me is when googling that and searching this forum for _doLogin() I really didn't get any more action to read up on so it made me a little nervous that a simple login wasn't possible.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose