Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Combining slider and list (radio) question types

• lcassidy
  • lcassidy's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #132191 by lcassidy
Hello,

I am having trouble figuring out how to combine a slider and a list (radio) question type into a single column, 2 row question. I have read through the Workaround on "Multiple question types in array" to try to figure out how to modify the JavaScript but have not had a lot of success. I have a few questions...

First of all, is there a particular question type that that I should choose from the beginning?

Second, does this JavaScript get pasted into the source of the question?

Third, I do not know what I should write for the slider and list (radio) question types in substitute for those in the workaround example. Any suggestions?

Lastly, I would like this questions centered, one on top of the other (slider on top).

Basically what I am looking to do is to have a slider with left and right labels. Underneath there is an option to choose "Not enough information available". If "not enough information available" is chosen, then the answer to the slider should be substituted with this script.
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 1 month ago #132202 by tpartner
I think that the "Multiple question types in array" workaround is overkill for this - you should be able to do it with a little CSS.

Having said that, I don't think a single radio will help you - once clicked it would be impossible to un-click it. I would suggest a Yes/No question preceding the slider asking something like "Do you have enough information to make a judgement about..." and then place relevance on the slider question so it only appears if the answer is "Yes".

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • lcassidy
  • lcassidy's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #132221 by lcassidy
Ok, would this CSS go in the source of the question? Is there a way to make "yes" a default option for the yes/no question type?

Do I need to have a separate question for each question type? I would like the slider and the yes/no to make up one question as a whole. Currently I have my survey set up to show one question at a time and would like to keep it that way. Would I maybe need a new group for each pair of slider and yes/no question types? In this case, the CSS to get these side by side would go into the source of the group, correct?

Ideally I would like survey takers to use the slider option first and if need be, specify that not enough information is available to accurately move the slider one way or the other.
  • tpartner
More
8 years 1 month ago #132229 by tpartner
The CSS would go in template.css - manual.limesurvey.org/The_template_edito...g_questions_with_CSS

When viewing the question summary, there is a button to edit the default answers.

They will have to be two separate questions.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lcassidy

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose