Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Printable Version not following templates

More
8 years 2 months ago #130083 by jcruz
Hi!

The printable versions of surveys I generate don't seem to follow their corresponding templates. How do I set them to do so?

Thanks!
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 2 months ago #130090 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Printable Version not following templates
The print versions do not include /[templateDirectory]/template.css but do contain /[templateDirectory]/print_template.css so you should be able to style them in that file.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
More
8 years 2 months ago #130105 by jcruz
Replied by jcruz on topic Printable Version not following templates
Hi tpartner!

So yes, by templates I mean the print_template files. All my printable versions look like plain HTML with very little styling. It is very different from the preview I'm getting when I look at the print_template.css files. Is it something I should look in the config? Because something might have been accidentally changed after updating Limesurvey.
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #130107 by jcruz
Replied by jcruz on topic Printable Version not following templates
Just an update:

I have seen the source file of the printable version. The css file uses the print_template.css of the theme it is using. However, it doesn't follow the style as seen on preview. Everything looks plain.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by jcruz.
  • tpartner
More
8 years 1 month ago #130121 by tpartner
Did you try modifying print_template.css (and clearing browser cache before testing)?

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
More
8 years 2 days ago #133124 by educomm
Replied by educomm on topic Printable Version not following templates
Hi!
I experience the same 'issue' as jcruz: the exported lay-out of the printable version is poor. I also edited print_template.css (in /templates/default/css) but the changes I make there have no effect.

Somewhere I read LS wasn't intended/developed for this printable option, which I can imagine. But if you choose to present the survey 'at once' in the main settings, and test the survey and print the page to a PDF-file. you'll get close the result most users would appreciate. I hope such a routine can be included and optimized in LS-updates.

Another way (I use myself for a more satisfiable result) is to copy-paste the print-out version into LibreOffice Writer and manually optimize the lay-out.

Cheers!
More
7 years 10 months ago #136038 by IfH01
Replied by IfH01 on topic Printable Version not following templates
I'm having the same issue. I copied the default template, made some changes but they have no effect. There is no print_template.css in the template to select and edit to begin with.
I guess LimeSurvey always uses the default template for printing. Maybe it is fallback when something is missing. The linked css in the printable page is pointing to default template:

<link href="/templates/default/css/print_template.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet">

When i enable debugging i get the following error in the apache logs:
Cannot serve directory /var/www/limesurvey/upload/templates/NRZ_Modul/files/: No matching DirectoryIndex (index.html,index.cgi,index.pl,index.php,index.xhtml,index.htm) found, and server-generated directory index forbidden by Options directive

After changing the apache configuration to allow server-generated directory indices the error disappeared but the printable survey is still defaulting.

Should i file a bug report?
  • tpartner
More
7 years 10 months ago #136060 by tpartner
LimeSurvey version?

Cheers,
Tony Partner

More
7 years 10 months ago #136307 by IfH01
Replied by IfH01 on topic Printable Version not following templates
Version 2.50+ Build 160506
  • DenisChenu
More
7 years 10 months ago #136353 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Printable Version not following templates
I'm sure to see a bug report for this ... must find in in mantis before re-reporting :)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
More
7 years 9 months ago #136668 by IfH01

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose