Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Responses aren't being saved

More
8 years 2 months ago #129748 by CBE01
Responses aren't being saved was created by CBE01
Hello,

I have a problem with the responses of my survey not being saved. Recipients have told me they finished the survey and got a conformation email, but their data is nowhere to be found. This happened to about 5/20 people that filled in the survey. It seems to be that their data is lost. How is this possible?

They got a conformation mail that they finished the survey. Some of them had partially filled in the survey before and then saved this. I do have the data form those half finished responses.

They are all invited by email. In the respons menu it says that 14/19 have completed the survey, but in the acces code menu it says that 19/20 have completed the survey.

I really hope someone can help me get the data back! It's quite a long survey so I don't wanna ask them to take it again. Also I'm afraid that when I ask them to take it again it won't save again. Does anybody have a solution or is familiar with this problem?

Thanks for your help :) 
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 2 months ago #129757 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Responses aren't being saved
What LimeSurvey version are you using? What is "the acces code menu"?

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
More
8 years 2 months ago #129761 by CBE01
Replied by CBE01 on topic Responses aren't being saved
It says version 2.05+ Build 131209.

I'm using a Dutch version so I don't know how it's called in the English version but with the "acces code menu" I was referring to the button that let's you control the codes that you send to partipants so they can enter the survey. When you have the main menu of the survey it's the button with the logo of the 3 men. It should say something like control (acces) codes.
  • tpartner
More
8 years 2 months ago #129769 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Responses aren't being saved
Ah, in English, that's the "Tokens" button and leads to the token table which is separate from the answers table.

Unfortunately, I don't have a solution for your problem. I've run hundreds of surveys on 2.05 and never lost data. I suppose you exported the data to see if those response sets are actually missing (not just missing in the LS interface).

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #130344 by mrli999
Replied by mrli999 on topic Responses aren't being saved
I have the same question. Limesurvey sent a "basic admin notification" email to the respondent. But I can't find the record in the database.

I checked the limesurvey_id database in MYSQL, and didn't find the record there.

version 2.05+ 151205

CBE wrote: It says version 2.05+ Build 131209.

I'm using a Dutch version so I don't know how it's called in the English version but with the "acces code menu" I was referring to the button that let's you control the codes that you send to partipants so they can enter the survey. When you have the main menu of the survey it's the button with the logo of the 3 men. It should say something like control (acces) codes.

Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by mrli999. Reason: new information
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #130351 by mrli999
I guessed: Because I turned on "Participant may save and resume later". When different participants from the same IP address using the same token, the newer will replace the older's record? Then I can't see the older's record.

Or maybe I turned "Allow multiple responses or update responses with one token?" to yes. And different participants using the same token. The newer will replace the older's record?

mrli999 wrote: I have the same question. Limesurvey sent a "basic admin notification" email to the respondent. But I can't find the record in the database.

I checked the limesurvey_id database in MYSQL, and didn't find the record there.

version 2.05+ 151205

CBE wrote: It says version 2.05+ Build 131209.

Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by mrli999. Reason: new
  • DenisChenu
More
8 years 2 months ago #130352 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Responses aren't being saved

mrli999 wrote: I guessed: Because I turned on "Participant may save and resume later". When different participants from the same IP address, the newer will replace the older's record? Then I can't see the older's record.

Or maybe I turned "Allow multiple responses or update responses with one token?" to yes. And different participants using the same token. The newer will replace the older's record?

If token is set , not anonymous + reponse token persistence : one token => one answer
If you want multiple answer with one token : you must disable "reponse token persistence" and enable "Allow multiple responses or update responses with one token?".

If user click on "save" : a form to have a user/pass is shown.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mrli999
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #130355 by mrli999
If token is set, and the use left set to 500, still one token=>one answer? It seems 500 persons can take the survey.

DenisChenu wrote:

mrli999 wrote: I guessed: Because I turned on "Participant may save and resume later". When different participants from the same IP address, the newer will replace the older's record? Then I can't see the older's record.

If token is set , not anonymous + reponse token persistence : one token => one answer
If you want multiple answer with one token : you must disable "reponse token persistence" and enable "Allow multiple responses or update responses with one token?".

If user click on "save" : a form to have a user/pass is shown.

Denis

Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by mrli999. Reason: more information
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #130357 by mrli999
Thank you very much for your kindness, DenisChenu !

I created a token name test, and set the uses left to 500. Then
A. Set "Allow multiple responses or update responses with one token" to YES, and set "response token persistence" to NO

B. Set "Allow multiple responses or update responses with one token" to NO, and set "response token persistence" to YES

What is the different between A and B? In which case, 500 persons can take the survey using the same token?

I forgot I used A or B. Anyway, a few responses aren't being saved. I don't know why? Would you please do me a favor and let me know it? thanks again!
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by mrli999. Reason: corrected
  • DenisChenu
More
8 years 2 months ago #130359 by DenisChenu
I forgot the use_left ....

I think "response token persistence" do .... nothing here .....

mrli999 wrote: .....
What is the different between A and B? In which case, 500 persons can take the survey?
..../quote]
A: after 500 survey submission : an user can submit again and again survey (Allow multiple responses)
B: after 500 survey submission : new survey with this token is disable (not Allow multiple responses)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
The following user(s) said Thank You: mrli999
More
8 years 2 months ago #130363 by mrli999
thank you very much! One more question

When "Allow multiple responses or update responses with one token" set to YES

If two person's IP address are the same and the token are the same. When the first person complete the survey, the second person begin to fill the survey. Will the first person's record be replaced by the first one? If so ,that why some response aren't being saved.

Another possibility, when the first person filling the survey, the second one begin to fill the survey. Will the second's response replace the first's? If yes, that that why some response aren't being saved.

DenisChenu wrote: I forgot the use_left ....

I think "response token persistence" do .... nothing here .....

mrli999 wrote: .....
What is the different between A and B? In which case, 500 persons can take the survey?
..../quote]
A: after 500 survey submission : an user can submit again and again survey (Allow multiple responses)
B: after 500 survey submission : new survey with this token is disable (not Allow multiple responses)

• DenisChenu
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #130369 by DenisChenu

mrli999 wrote: Another possibility, when the first person filling the survey, the second one begin to fill the survey. Will the second's response replace the first's? If yes, that that why some response aren't being saved.

Yes, think so.

You can test yourself with 2 browser .....

2 different $_SESSION , same token (one time ) : each time a user "submit" a page (click next/previus or save) the DB is updated to his $_SESSION.

PS: same IP or not : it's the same. It's $_SESSION only and token only. Different IP : same than same IP.

Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by DenisChenu.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose