Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Notification of what changed in a survey

• jboogie21
  • jboogie21's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #129290 by jboogie21
Notification of what changed in a survey was created by jboogie21
Is there a way to determine what a user changed when "Allow multiple responses...with one token" is enabled? That is, the user clicks "Submit" and then goes back in and changes a response. I want to know what the user changed.

I don't know if this information is available anywhere like a server log (probably impractical to get at) or if a process could be devised via the API. This is a follow up to my question here .

The longer case example is I have a survey that is too long (this point is not open for discussion :blush: ). We use it for background and history at an outpatient clinic. It also includes standardized measures (with proper permission!). I cannot manage parents regularly asking to change something on the form once they submit it, thus the need for multiple responses with one token. The problem is this data is also used for research and it can be problematic when the submit date changes. Thus my question about ways to determine what changed after the "Submit" button has been clicked. Looking fwd to hearing from the community.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 3 months ago #129291 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Notification of what changed in a survey
I don't think that this data is stored. But I am no expert on that. But my guess would be that the value simply is substituted by the new value, that's it.

I don't know the structure of your survey, but how about putting the data that could be continiously changing in another survey?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• jboogie21
  • jboogie21's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #129364 by jboogie21
Replied by jboogie21 on topic Notification of what changed in a survey
Thanks for the response. I was thinking the same thing, that being LS doesn't really create a trail for tracking.

Re: putting changing data in a different survey is an interesting idea, however given the way our survey is structured any of it could change. What really needs to happen is a total rethinking about our workflow given LS's capabilities. Me, myself, and I put the survey together quickly without a lot of foresight. Now our clinic is finding it useful and want things bigger, faster, stronger... yesterday...

Let this be a lesson to new users: it's always helpful to think about the future... work smarter, not harder.
  • DenisChenu
More
8 years 3 months ago #129406 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Notification of what changed in a survey
Possible solution (hard to develop, but can be done).
- Use beforeSurveyPage to
- If user jsut start the survey : get the actual information in an array and put it in a session var
- Use afterSurveyCompleted to
- Get the new answers, compare with the answers in the session.
- Send an email (or put it somewhere in DB) with the "updated value".

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jboogie21

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose