Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Complex group-question scenarios

• Heisenberg
  • Heisenberg's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #129004 by Heisenberg
Complex group-question scenarios was created by Heisenberg
I apologize in advance for that long post ;)

Ok so here is the deal: My problem is to somehow line up a couple of groups and questions (sometimes randomized) in a particular order.

First I've got 8 groups (G1-G8). The participant is randomly assigned to one of them.
Each group contains of 4 scenarios (V1-V4-> text display) and each scenario in every group is different from the other groups (e.g. G1 contains scenarios V1.1-V4.1; G3 contains scenarios V1.3-V4.3) The participant gets every scenario from their assigned group in random order.
After each secnario I want to ask specific questions which are in groups Q1-Q4 (e.g. Q1 contains questions Q1.1-Q5.1; Q4 conatins questions Q1.4-Q5.4). These question groups (Q1-Q4) including their questions appear in every group (G1-G8), which means that if the participant is for example in G1 he/she gets scenario V1.1 which is followed by Q1 with the included quesions (Q1.1-Q5.1). After that the second scenario V3.1 (since the scenarios are in random order) appears, which is followed by Q3 with the included questions (Q1.3-Q5.3).
And since that's not complicated enough I want to add another question with subquestions (Array 5 point choice called SZ) after each of the question groups Q1-Q4.
The topic has been locked.
  • Heisenberg
More
8 years 4 months ago #129005 by Heisenberg
Replied by Heisenberg on topic Complex group-question scenarios
Here's a demonstration:
Participant is assigned to G3
1. V2.3 followed by Q2 (incl. Q1.2-Q5.2) followed by SZ
2. V4.3 followed by Q4 (incl. Q1.4-Q5.4) followed by SZ
3. V3.3 followed by Q3 (incl. Q1.3-Q5.3) followed by SZ
4. V1.3 followed by Q1 (incl. Q1.1-Q5.1) followed by SZ

I already managed to randomly assign participants to one of the groups G1-G8. I also know how to randomize the scenarios V1-V4 in each group. What I don't know is how to put the question groups (Q1-Q4) in order so they appear in all of the question groups G1-G8 after the matching scenarios V1.1-V4.1. So that for example (as demonstrated earlier) Q1 with including questions (Q1.1-Q5.1) follows scenario V1.1 but at the same time follows V1.3 (if you are assigned to group Q3).
Is that feasible? If yes, my second question would be how to add SZ after every Question group Q1-Q4.
  • Heisenberg
More
8 years 4 months ago #129006 by Heisenberg
Another option would be to create 8 groups (G1-G8). Each group consist of 4 scenarios V1-V4 (for example G2 contains V1.2-V4.2). But instead of only having 4 question groups (Q1-Q4) that have to match every group G1-G8, I could also create 32 question groups, so that every question group (including questions e.g. Q1.1-Q5.1) matches one scenario Vx.
For example: Participant is assigned to G2. The scenarios are in random order, so he gets V3.2 first. After that he gets question group Q7 (including questions Q1.7-Q5.7). Then he gets the next scenario V1.2 followed by the question group Q5.
Then V4.2 followed by Q8
Then V2.2 followed by Q6

In total I would have 40 question groups (G1-G8+Q1-Q32). The participant should be assigned to 1 of G1-G8. Then he gets all 4 scenarios from the question group V1-V4 in random order and after each scenario one particular question group Q1-Q32 follows. Which means that I have to find a way to connect one scenario with the following question group (e.g. G2 – V3.2 – Q7; V1.2 – Q5). Which also means that if the participant is in G2, he/she only gets Q5-Q8 and all the other question groups Qx should not appear.
Is that feasible?
  • Heisenberg
More
8 years 4 months ago #129007 by Heisenberg
Sorry, I actually wanted to post that in the "Can you do that with LimeSurvey" section! :S

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose