Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

I can't assing User to groups. Pls help.

• delfin
  • delfin's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #127815 by delfin
Hi guys me again:s
I cant assign Users to my groups.

1.- I go to Administration, Create/edit user groups.
2.- I choose a "user group"(Ent Client Corporate in this example)
3.- I click on "Edit current user group"
4.- The dropdown list does not give me any options to "pls choose" and then "add user".
I have both users in "Administration, Central Participant Data base" and "Survey, Token management" How can I assing users to a group if no options are displayed?
Also I want to use the groups for different surveys so would preffer to assing from central Participant database. But could use token management if CPDB is not an option.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 5 months ago #127818 by holch
Replied by holch on topic I can't assing User to groups. Pls help.
Please note that user groups are for users of the back end (Limesurvey administration) while central participant dabase and tokens are for respondents of the survey. So watch out to not mix those up. So I assume this is the problem.

If you would like to give people access to the backend, you need to create them as users in the backend.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: delfin
  • delfin
More
8 years 5 months ago #127820 by delfin
Replied by delfin on topic I can't assing User to groups. Pls help.
Thank you Holch. Noted. :blush:
Is there any way to group respondents?
This to filter questions per group and send emails per respondent groups?
  • holch
More
8 years 5 months ago #127822 by holch
Replied by holch on topic I can't assing User to groups. Pls help.
So if I get you right you want some questions show up for a certain respondent group and others not...

This could be done by adding custom attributes to the token table.

So you could add a new custom attribute to the token table that contains the respondent profile.

Based on this respondent profile you can filter questions via relevance equations.

Let's assume that you have two respondent groups A and B. A should she question 5, but B not.

So let's assume you create a custom attribute for the respondent groups and add A or B for each respondent in this column. You can then write a relevance equation in question 5 that would be something like:
Code:
ATTRIBUTE_1=='A'
(this is not tested, so it might not work out of the box, you might have to look a little bit into the correct relevance equation.

But this code should cause that question 5 is only shown when the custom attribute 1 is equal to 'A'. This way you can show/hide questions based on the respondents groups. Not sure if this works with the central repondents database. Never really used it.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: delfin
  • delfin
More
8 years 5 months ago #127993 by delfin
Thank you Holch,

I did try it using attribute_1=="A", after I added this attribute on the Token Control. Nevertheless it still shows if I use token with C on that attribute field. On my example The subquestion I'm trying to show, hide based on this is the s3 on Question one. Could you pls help me as I can't find the way to make this work:( thanks again. Or if you have a working example I can adjust/copy.
  • delfin
More
8 years 5 months ago #127996 by delfin
Hi Holch I'm pleased to let you know I could do it. The text in the relevance equation should be like this : ((TOKEN:ATTRIBUTE_1 == "A" or TOKEN:ATTRIBUTE_1 == "B"))
A good tip to find out the exact equation in this cases is to put set the conditions for the question, the copy into the subquestions and then remove from the question. Well it worked for me. It would be even better to have that functionality on the central participant data base. But I cant get the attribute on that one to receive data. I'll review and open another topic if can't find any related to that. Thanks again.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose