Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Add column headings for multiple array questions displayed in one table

• asid2014
  • asid2014's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #127357 by asid2014
Hi,

I am trying to do something which was meant to be quite simple but unfortunately I am having problem implementing it.

Basically we have three Array questions as part of one question group. For each of these three Array questions, there are several sub-questions (e.g. One, Two, Three.....) with a number of answer options displayed in drop down boxes. For instance, in case of Array Question 1, sub-questions are One, Two, Three, Four... and same drop down options for each sub-question. For Array question 2, same sub-questions but with different answer options. Similarly for Array 3, the sub-questions are same i.e. One, Two, Three.... but different answer options. So in other words, all three Array questions are similar except for different answer options for the drop down boxes.

Instead of displaying these three Array questions separately we decided to display them together in one table and I used Tony's solution to do that. What we want now is to add headings to the three columns containing the drop down boxes. I am sure it's very easy to do but I can't find a way to do it. Please see

the attached screen shot showing the relevant section. We just want to add headings to each column (e.g. Options 1, Options 2, Options 3).

Thanks
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 5 months ago #127392 by tpartner
It should be fairly easy to insert those with JavaScript but I would need to see the source to give an example. Can you activate a test survey and give us a link?

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • asid2014
  • asid2014's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #127544 by asid2014
Thank Tony for your reply. We actually found another solution from the workarounds which seems to be working based on the testing we have done so far. Thanks again for the quick reply.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose