Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Confirmation email issue

• tonyge
  • tonyge's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #126663 by tonyge
Confirmation email issue was created by tonyge
Hi!
We'll do a survey where in the last question we ask for mail of the respondents in case that they want to receive a bonus for making the survey. Unfortunately, we don't have a database of their mails, so we have to ask them for the mails.
My question is: is there any functionality in Limesurvey which could allow us an automatic response confirmation, using , i.e. extracting the mail of the field of the question?
I'm not sure if it is possible, as we cannot do the survey in closed access mode, but just in case, I have to ask.
Thank you in advance.
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 6 months ago #126670 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Confirmation email issue
Hi,

Use : basic admin notification email (set it to {EMAIL} if your question code is EMAIL) to send the confirmation emeail.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • tonyge
More
8 years 6 months ago #126675 by tonyge
Replied by tonyge on topic Confirmation email issue
So what you propose is to change the question code to 'email' and then use the basic admin notification with {email}, instead of the real email address of the administrator, right?
But if this works, could I change the text of the automatic email notification? I mean it is automatically generated and in this case we need a put a special text for the bonuses?
  • DenisChenu
More
8 years 6 months ago #126676 by DenisChenu
I don't say to use EMAIL , i give an example.

I think you get the email information somewhere ?
If not : you can not send an email to the user.

If yes : this information is in a EM var : then you can this information to send the 'admin notification email' : manual.limesurvey.org/Survey_settings#No..._.26_data_management

You have to update the content of 'admin notification email', you can use Expression Manager inside the bidy (and the header too).

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
  • tonyge
More
8 years 6 months ago #126679 by tonyge
Well, maybe I must give an example to be sure that I understand your instructions.
The last question of the survey is coded as 'q_last' and the text is "Please give us your email". So if I put {q_last} in the field 'send basic admin email notification' in the settings of this survey, Limesurvey will send automatically such email conformation to every email address put in the field of q_last. Is that correct? (And also, I should change the body text of the basic notification mail, but this is easy).
Maybe I should say that I'm a sociologist and I'm not so very familiar with these technical aspects of Limesurvey, that's why I need a detailed explanation.
  • DenisChenu
More
8 years 6 months ago #126681 by DenisChenu

tonyge wrote: .... Is that correct? ....

Yep

The following user(s) said Thank You: tonyge
  • tonyge
More
8 years 6 months ago #126686 by tonyge
Thanx!
  • tonyge
More
8 years 6 months ago #126696 by tonyge
And it really works, thanx again! But when I made a few tests, the mail servers rejected the confirmation email as spam and this is strange, because, for example, when I used tokens for another surveys, most of the respondents received their invitations. Should I change some settings in Limesurvey or can I do something that this basic email notification could be recognized as normal mail and not as spam?
  • holch
More
8 years 6 months ago #126699 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Confirmation email issue
Spam is a science for itself. And you never know what the spam filters are after.

Which mail method do you use? SMTP? PHP? I would recommend SMTP with a well configured SMTP server in a "good neighborhood" (e.g. no spammers in the same IP range, etc.). There a certain services that are known to attract spammers and when you host with them, you are basically already seen as a spammer or potential spammer.

Make sure the text you are using isn't including any fishy keywords.
Make sure there are not too many links in your email and the links are not suspicious
Make sure the emails are correct (in your case you can't do much. But if you send a few emails to users that don't exist from the same email provider, they think you are generating random user names/emails)
etc
etc
etc
etc.

Sorry, but there is no easy answer to this.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu, tonyge
More
8 years 6 months ago #126729 by first
Replied by first on topic Confirmation email issue

Survey Designer and Programmer
The following user(s) said Thank You: tonyge
  • tonyge
More
8 years 6 months ago #126744 by tonyge
Thank you guys, I'll check it. Thanx a lot!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose