Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

How to group non-sequential questions

• silentinjuries
  • silentinjuries's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #124287 by silentinjuries
How to group non-sequential questions was created by silentinjuries
Hello...Is there a way to Group non-sequential questions? I am trying to present items, question-by-question, and the questions have group properties. However, when I assign the questions to the appropriate group, the assignment cancels out question-by-question numerical order. Am I trying to achieve an outcome for which there is no current solution?
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 7 months ago #124292 by holch
Replied by holch on topic How to group non-sequential questions
In Limesurvey questions can only be in a group if they are sequential. If we are talking about questions groups.

For randomization groups you can pick questions from any position within your survey. But I don't think you are looking for this.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• holch
More
8 years 7 months ago #124293 by holch
Just another thing: if you tell us, why these questions need to be in one group, maybe there is another solution for this rather than put them into a group.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• silentinjuries
  • silentinjuries's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #124294 by silentinjuries
Replied by silentinjuries on topic How to group non-sequential questions
The grouped questions capture information related to a factor related to child maltreatment, or subsequent injuries. At first, I listed all the items in question-by-question order. Next, I arranged the questions according to group (e.g., maltreatment or subsequent injury factor). Unfortunately, the realignment canceled out the question-by-question listing.

I have the items listed question-by-question, collect the data, and then download to a statistical file. Once downloaded, I responses are grouped and then analyzed. I am currently attempting to provide respondents with direct feedback. So far, I am lacking the skill set to achieve the desired outcome.
  • holch
More
8 years 7 months ago #124297 by holch
But the question groups in Limesurvey are rather something "cosmetic", so you can display the questions group by group.

When you export the results, you will have only the columns of the questions, there will be no real question groups that you can work with later in the SPSS or CSV file.

However, I am not too sure if I really understand what you are trying to do.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose