Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Can i do this structure

• julien15000
  • julien15000's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #124071 by julien15000
Can i do this structure was created by julien15000
Hi,

I have a project with a particular structure and i don't know if limesurvey is the right tool to do it.

I need in the first time to keep information about each participant (gender, age, location ...)

And in a second time i need to propose 4 themes of questions to the participants (law, education, hobbies, health).
The participant can choose which theme he wants to answer. And when he finished it, he can choose to answer to an another theme of questions or to end it here.

I don't know if i can do this with limesurvey.

I try to make a survey with 5 groups of questions, the first one for the information about the participant and the 4 others for each themes.
But i didn't manage to do the step where i can purpose the 4 themes (or groups of questions).

So, can i make this with livesurvey ?
And if it is possible to do it, what is the best way to do it ?

Thanks (and sorry for my bad english)
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 7 months ago #124072 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Can i do this structure

julien15000 wrote: But i didn't manage to do the step where i can purpose the 4 themes (or groups of questions).

Limesurvey isn't providing Skip, SkipBack or Loop functions like other survey packages.

The straight forward approach is
A) To let the proband choose in advance which parts choose. You would offer the five parts in a question and the proband has to choose at least one part.

B) If you really want to ask for additional questions group after the proband filled out one questions group you have to copy all questionsgroups four times to allow every proband to choose during the survey.

You might be able to shortcut the process if you fix the order of the questions groups.
Then you would only ask the proband "Do you want to answers Questiongroup topic" Yes / No?
If No, you skip the group and ask again for the next question group.
That would save you the duplication of every group.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • julien15000
More
8 years 7 months ago #124076 by julien15000
Replied by julien15000 on topic Can i do this structure
Thank you for your response.

It seems a little bit tricky to do this.
I really need to let the prohand choose the theme he wants to answer. And the idea at the end of the theme is to say "thank you for your time" and "if you want you can answer to an another theme".

Maybe my first approach isn't the right one, as you sayt it :

Limesurvey isn't providing Skip, SkipBack or Loop functions like other survey packages.

I'm trying to use lime survey with an another approach, to have 4 different surveys .One for each theme and a form for the proband information (or maybe an another survey).
The problem with that is to link the proband (profile) to each of his participation at a survey.
More
8 years 7 months ago #124078 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Can i do this structure
If you split the themes to different surveys you'll have to create different EndURLs to jump to different surveys and you want to make sure, that already filledout topics are not asked again when you ask which additional theme the proband wants to answer.
To make that sure, you will have to transfer additional variables to ensure only unfilled themes are displays in the question.

I would copy all questions groups and put them in one survey. That way you get it all done in one survey and save a lot of time during and after the survey. You always know how many completes you have. You don't need to merge five surveys. Filtering is working without creating variables which needs to be merged through five surveys. To copy everything will be a lot easier.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • julien15000
More
8 years 7 months ago #124089 by julien15000
Replied by julien15000 on topic Can i do this structure
I'm following your advice and i'm going to put everything in one survey.
Thank you again.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose