Ranking & prioritizing x out of y (y >x) items and making the question mandatory

More
3 years 1 month ago #123774 by tpartner
tpartner replied the topic: Ranking & prioritizing x out of y (y >x) items and making the question ma
The attached survey works as expected for me in LS 2.06. The ranking question has min 5, max 5 answers and is set to non-mandatory - if I rank 5 answers, I can proceed without warnings, otherwise the expected warning appears.

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #123796 by holch
holch replied the topic: Ranking & prioritizing x out of y (y >x) items and making the question ma
Like Tpartner: Works as expected. When selected 5 responses, I can get through. When chosen more or less I get the correct error message.

- Might be obvious, but sometimes we overlook the simple things: You are aware that there is a second question on the page and if you don't answer it you will get an error message (if it is mandatory).
- What template are you using? If it is a standard template that comes with Limesuvey: has it been modified at some point?
- Upgrade to the latest Limesurvey version (I tested it with the latest version).

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds
The following user(s) said Thank You: nandan

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #124398 by nandan
nandan replied the topic: Ranking & prioritizing x out of y (y >x) items and making the question ma
Hello,

I upgraded to the latest version and that seemed to do the trick! Thanks a lot for your help!

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!