Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

click tracking for endurl

• claudia_schwirplies
  • claudia_schwirplies's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #123736 by claudia_schwirplies
click tracking for endurl was created by claudia_schwirplies
Hi everyone!

Does anybody know if I can track the clicks of the endurl. Or is there another solution to integrate a link click tracking at the end of the survey?

Thanks
Claudia
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #123785 by krypsin
Replied by krypsin on topic click tracking for endurl
You could install Piwik Analytics and setup some tracking URL's which you can use on the end URL link.
Or maybe you could use Google Analytics instead, however Piwik is more user-friendly and you can install it to your own servers instead of having it linked to Google.

Where I work we use Marketing Town, however that is only because we use their services for many other things (it's £500 a month, so I doubt you'd want that, just go with Piwik).
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by krypsin.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 7 months ago #123795 by holch
Replied by holch on topic click tracking for endurl
And you should keep in mind eventual privacy issues. For research you usually guarantee a certain level of confidentiallity (either because of your own policy, because of rules that certain organizatins like ESOMAR imply or because of legal requirements).

So you need to think about what you really need/want. I would assume that you only want to count how often a certain link has been clicked? Using Piwik for this (which is actually a very good tip from Krypsin), might be overkill, depending on what you try to do and what it is for.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
8 years 7 months ago #123843 by krypsin
Replied by krypsin on topic click tracking for endurl
Yeah Piwik could be a bit overkill to be honest, as you said it depends on what you're looking for.

If you're not fussed about fancy analytics graphs and statistics like browser usage, geo-locations, referrals to links and other stuff then there are plenty of free PHP scripts you can find on Google.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose