Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Admin login HTTP ERROR 500

• designer
  • designer's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #169400 by designer
Admin login HTTP ERROR 500 was created by designer
Good evening, I have a big problem
I'm a beginner with LiveSurvey so I have to understand what happened. I have not done anything lately suddenly started to give me error when I try to access the backend at the address with / admin ..... which becomes after I enter /index.php/admin/authentication/sa/login. The error is 500 as if the page did not exist. I do not know if there was any automatic update I'm still not good on the software.
Can you help me understand the problem? Why can not I log in? The version is v2.06 +.

Thanks
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 9 months ago #169438 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Admin login HTTP ERROR 500

The error is 500 as if the page did not exist.

The http error 500 does not mean that the page does not exist, that would be a 404 ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_HTTP_status_codes ).

500 means internal server error and is not very specific. Unfortunately, with the information provided, it is almost impossible to help. Limesurvey does not update automatically. Even with the ComfortUpdate updates need to be started by the limesurvey superadmin.

So my guess is that your server software (OS, webserver, database, etc.) have been updated. You should get in touch with the server admin.

Does anyone else have access to your Limesurvey installation as a superadmin?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• designer
  • designer's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #169488 by designer
Replied by designer on topic Admin login HTTP ERROR 500
How to access from superadmin? What can I do if I can not reach the backend login page?
Excuse me but I'm really new to Limesurvey I do not understand what problem can be if everything works and I can not reach only the login page.
Can you please tell me how I can understand? Do you have any idea?
Thanks for the support.
  • holch
More
5 years 9 months ago #169498 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Admin login HTTP ERROR 500
Well, with the information that you are currently providing, it is close to impossible to help.
If it worked before, there needs to have been some kind of change. Either someone did something in Limesurvey (which is why I asked if there are other users with Superadmin rights), which I don't find very likely. Or there has been made changes to the webserver environment, e.g. update in the OS, PHP version updated, etc.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose