Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Incorrect runtime path in Windows Server

• truonghq
  • truonghq's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #139182 by truonghq
Hi all,

I successfully installed and ran LimeSurvey 2.50+ in localhost of a Windows Server 2008 R2 (IIS 7.5). LimeSurvey was then deployed on the same server for publicly access.

However, when accessing LimeSurvey from the Internet, I got the problem: "Application runtime path "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\lsurvey\tmp/runtime" is not valid. Please make sure it is a directory writable by the Web server process." (as in the below screenshot)

I thought the server did not understand PHP DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR correctly. There must be something wrong with the last forward slash (/runtime)???

Have you experienced the same problem? Can you please help me out?

FYI: - I already set read/write privilege (to POROS\IIS_IUSRS) for a number of folders as in this instruction ( manual.limesurvey.org/Installation#Downl...e_LimeSurvey_package ).
- I set rootdir (in config-defaults.php) as follow:
Code:
$config['rootdir'] = 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\lsurvey';
The topic has been locked.
  • truonghq
  • truonghq's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #139212 by truonghq
Replied by truonghq on topic Incorrect runtime path in Windows Server
With helps from the community and friends, the problem was solved - Thank you for that.
It turns out that it's not a problem of PHP DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR. The problem was: IIS_IUSRS (contains application pool identities) was not enabled for anonymous authentication. Fix this simply by: Go to IIS Manager (In Server Manager) => Go to the website => Authentication => Anonymous Authentication => Edit => Choose Application Tool Identity.

Note that you can use both IUSR and IIS_IUSRS. However, I recommend to use IIS_IUSRS as several reasons mentioned here .

I summarized installation steps in the attached file as a successful case on Windows Server 2008 RC (IIS 7.5).
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 8 months ago #139239 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Incorrect runtime path in Windows Server
Thanks you :)

Think this issue was fixed too in github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/commit/...4834b9d8a5ba58728e16

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: truonghq

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose