Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Cannot modify CSS & Javascript files in the template editor

• maxersloan
  • maxersloan's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #126556 by maxersloan
Hello all,

I am trying to edit some templates and I've noticed that any time I click on the files under "CSS & Javascript files" in the template editor, it just takes me back to the home screen (where it lists all your surveys). I tried this in 131107, 141126, and 150629. It happens with ANY template that I open.

Is this a bug? Am I missing something? I recently purchased and uploaded the "TFR Responsive" template from the LimeSurvey template shop. Does it have anything to do with this?
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 6 months ago #126564 by DenisChenu
Hi,

Sometimes it happens due to server side system : look at the server log.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • maxersloan
More
8 years 6 months ago #126616 by maxersloan
After talking with the hosting company all day, I think we have ruled out the possibility of it being a server problem. Any other ideas? Has anyone experienced this before?
  • DenisChenu
More
8 years 6 months ago #126627 by DenisChenu
Hi,

I don't ask "speak to hosting company", i really think it's a server issue. Did your hosting company give you an access to the server log or not ?

Have the server log when you go to a js file can really help ....

And try set your debug at 2 too : manual.limesurvey.org/Debug_mode

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
  • maxersloan
More
8 years 6 months ago #126672 by maxersloan
Hi Denis,

Thanks for your help. The hosting company (BlueHost) looked at the server logs and they did not see anything problematic. We recently moved to a cloud server. Does that affect anything?

Forgive my lack of IT knowledge, but what does setting the debug at 2 actually do? Is this something I want to avoid if we have currently surveys running?
  • DenisChenu
More
8 years 6 months ago #126677 by DenisChenu

maxersloan wrote: Thanks for your help. The hosting company (BlueHost) looked at the server logs and they did not see anything problematic.

Maybe not problematic : but you have something broken in your installation.

maxersloan wrote: We recently moved to a cloud server. Does that affect anything?

... sure ....

maxersloan wrote: Forgive my lack of IT knowledge, but what does setting the debug at 2 actually do? Is this something I want to avoid if we have currently surveys running?

There are some case where user can see error, but very rarely .... (else it's a LS bug).

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose