Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Embedding the Adobe Pdf link with participantid and DOB inf embedded in one of t

• remhk
  • remhk's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #175886 by remhk
Hello,

I am working on a small survey. After a few initial questions, there is a questions, where I need to add the Adobe link t unable the participant to access the widget and sign the consent. I was able to implement this. The additional requirement is that the participant id, Date Of Birth etc., parameters need to be autofilled in the Adobe document once the participant clicks on the Adobe link in the specific question. So basically based on the tokenid in the limesurvey url that the user is responding to, the user credentials need to be displayed in the Adobe url once the usr clicks on it.
Can someone please help with this?

Thanks in adance
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 5 months ago #175889 by jelo
Using a url (GET parameter) to transmit personal data sounds like no good idea. The URL data might be logged or cached somewhere.
Perhaps your concept is different. Perhaps you can provide some additional infos about how the pdf document is created. E.g. what is meant by the "adobe url" ? Are you using a service which generates a pdf via link?

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 5 months ago #175897 by holch
Sounds like a electronic signature feature, like acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/how-to/e...ne-e-signatures.html

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• remhk
More
5 years 5 months ago #175950 by remhk
Yes, our client wants to embed the link of this "Acrobat e-signature feature" in one of the question and to add to it the client wants the participant information to be autofilled (participantid, DOB) in the e-signature link. I am able to put the acrobat widget link in the question; however, my issue is how do we populate the participantid, name and DOB parameters in the link?

Thanks,
  • remhk
More
5 years 4 months ago #176241 by remhk
"Accessing the Adobe consent link widget" is the very last question of my survey. When the survey responder tries to click on the Adobe link (from the last qs in Limesurvey), I would like the corresponding responder's "participantid" populate in the adobe widget. How can this be implemented?

Thanks in advance.
  • holch
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #176243 by holch
Without knowing the Adobe solution and it's features, it is very hard to help. Is there a way how you can retrieve information from outside applications into the adobe solution is the first thing you need to clarify. How does this Adobe tool accept information from outside, is there an API?

Putting the variables into the end url (in case the adobe tool could read this) would be probably the simplest solution, but you don't want to pass this information on via the URL, because it is not secure.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by holch.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose