Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Condition saves incorrectly

• SarcoidosisUK
  • SarcoidosisUK's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #162653 by SarcoidosisUK
Condition saves incorrectly was created by SarcoidosisUK
Hi, I am new here.

Have looked for answer on manual and forums but hard for me to describe problem...

I am trying to set a simple condition for a question (Eye1) so that it is shown only when the answer to another question in the same group (YS1) is 'Eye' (4). The condition seems to be defaulting to another question in the same group (CS1) instead of (YS1). Screenshot1 shows how the condition is INCORRECT in the question view and screenshot2 shows the same condition CORRECT in the conditions view.

Using LimeSurvey Version 2.05+ Build 140217

Thanks for your help.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by SarcoidosisUK.
The topic has been locked.
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 3 months ago #162660 by LouisGac
Replied by LouisGac on topic Condition saves incorrectly
this version of LimeSurvey is very old and contains vulnerabilities that are now public.
Please, update your version.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 3 months ago #162668 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Condition saves incorrectly
Remove the condition in the conditions designer and insert your own relevance equation:

Code:
YS1_4 == 'Y'

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • SarcoidosisUK
More
6 years 3 months ago #162672 by SarcoidosisUK
Replied by SarcoidosisUK on topic Condition saves incorrectly
Thanks Tony. I have tried this and the relevance equation gives an 'undefined variable'.
  • holch
More
6 years 3 months ago #162675 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Condition saves incorrectly
Please attach an example questionnaire in LSS format that only contains these two questions, so we can have a look.

And as Louis says: you should definitely upgrade your installation, because your version of LS is almost 4 years old. I would not run any survey in production on this, due to potential security issues.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• SarcoidosisUK
More
6 years 3 months ago #162691 by SarcoidosisUK
Thanks holch will do after I have updated like you advise. I have been trying to run the comfortupdate all day and it always has the same error message 'Update server busy'. Is this likely to change anytime soon? I don't want to manual install if possible.

Cheers
  • holch
More
6 years 3 months ago #162692 by holch
I highly doubt that the comfort update will work for updates from a almost 4 year old version. It makes sense to update on a more regular basis, but I don't think that anyone has tested a comfort update from 2.05+ Build 140217 to a recent version. Maybe Louis knows more about this.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• SarcoidosisUK
More
6 years 3 months ago #162710 by SarcoidosisUK
Hi. The comfort update still isn't working so I guess you are right and the version is too old to be updated using this method. Considering I need it update but don't know what I'm doing, would you recommend running the manual update or asking my host provider to update my limesurvey server for me? thanks
  • tpartner
More
6 years 3 months ago #162723 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Condition saves incorrectly
I would initially try updating to 2.06, which is still available here - github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/tree/2.06lts .

Manual update instructions - manual.limesurvey.org/Upgrading_from_a_previous_version

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • SarcoidosisUK
More
6 years 3 months ago #162745 by SarcoidosisUK
Hi. I asked my hosting provider and they are unable to update as their system only supports an older limesurvey version. So my only option is to manual update as you suggest. I assume this would be following the instructions for a 'minor changes' upgrade as I am going from 2.05 to 2.06, right? I definitely don't know what I'm doing with the file and database backup...considering I have only one small survey with no responses yet, is a workaround to export the survey? If so is this Iss. or another format?
Thanks
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 3 months ago #162748 by LouisGac
Replied by LouisGac on topic Condition saves incorrectly
I suggest you make a fresh install of the latest LS version and import your surveys.
You can start by trying to import your survey in your free LS installation in limesurvey.org
  • holch
More
6 years 3 months ago #162750 by holch

SarcoidosisUK wrote: Hi. I asked my hosting provider and they are unable to update as their system only supports an older limesurvey version. So my only option is to manual update as you suggest.

First you would need to clarify what your provider exactly means by "their system only supports an older limesurvey version."
1. There systems does not meet the requirements of newer LS versions (PHP, MySQL, etc.)
2. Their automatic installation system does not include the newer versions.

Because in case 1 you won't be able to install manually.

But I would do as Louis suggests: Make a fresh install of a newer version. You don't have much in your installation and the one survey you have you can export as LSS file and import it into the new installation quite quickly.

Luckily installation of Limesurvey has become quite simple over the years and also not so experienced users can install it, given they have all the necessary rights and access to the webspace. If you have FTP access, you should be fine. Usually it means that you only need to upload the files, navigate to the admin section and it will guide you through a installation process. You will need to know your database credentials though.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose